Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 6th, 2011 20:00

Echo in my audio

Please help me..I am using a DELL netbook and I am having a trouble using it for SKYPE to LANDLINE call...they usually say as if I am in a tunnel and ther's too much echo...I have tested my headset with other laptops and it is working good..Thanks..hope you'll reply soon. Have a good day!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 10th, 2011 06:00

it possible that there;s a prob with my sound drivers

If you are using a Latitude D430 you probably have XP and the Sigmatel R171789 audio driver

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell> which is 4 years old now and known to be a pretty good driver. You could try doing a basic un-install/re-install of it which will reset it settings to their default configuration. You should not need to download a fresh copy of it unless its files have gotten corrupted and I doubt that has happened.

A simple test you could do is to open Windows Sound Recorder and record some speaking into it and play it back. If there is no echo in the recording then probably all of the hardware is okay and the problem is more likely to be with the Skype configuration. Windows Sound Recorder can be found under Start/Programs/Accessories/Entertainment.

Another thing that you might consider is that the D430 was originally shipped a piece of pre-installed software called Knowles Acoustics Intellisonic Speech Enhancement. ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> I don't know much about that, but one of its features was microphone echo cancellation. If you do not have it then you should download and install it and see if it helps. If you already have it, then un-install it and see if that helps. I honestly don't see how it would affect echo unless your voice is coming through the speakers and being picked up by the mic.

Is your voice coming through the speakers? If so then it is most probably being caused by skype sending your mic input back to the soundcard's output, where the mic would pick it up again and cause an echo. If that is happening look for a setting in Skype with "monitor" in the name and disable it.

i am using a DELL23 NETBOOK and my OS is windows vista..

Needless to say this is confusing. If you have a Latitude D430 with Vista then your audio driver should be the Sigmatel R171788. There wasn't a Vista version of the Knowles software so skip that part of the above.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 7th, 2011 05:00

I am not sure what features your model has (don't know which model you have or its operating system) but you might have audio effects. See if you have them by trying to follow this path:

Start>Programs>Dell Webcam>Laptop Integrated Webcam>Dell Webcam Console

Look for a tab on the top left saying "effects", under "audio effects" and unclick the enable box.

If you do not have that path then you do not have the effects. Look through the settings in Skype and try different ones.

10 Posts

November 9th, 2011 18:00

hello again i am using a DELL23 NETBOOK and my OS is windows vista..this doesn't have a cam ..i can't see the path u have mentioned (Start>Programs>Dell Webcam>Laptop Integrated Webcam>Dell Webcam Console)..i have tried diff settings in skype and i still have that echoes...pls help me..is there any other way to check it or is it possible that there;s a prob with my sound drivers..argghh not that techy actually..:(

10 Posts

November 9th, 2011 18:00

oh sorry i am using a Dell Latitude D430 notebook

10 Posts

November 11th, 2011 14:00

thank u very much problem solved jimco..i have installed  Sigmatel R171788..:)

No Events found!