Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2012 03:00

Error c945000e on my 1789

Hey, today I started getting an error  c945000e then tells me to check for latest update when I try to run Movie Maker. I checked here and got everything here even though for most of it I had that or better and it still won't run. I have gone to Intel to see if I could get the fix there. I tried running everything Intel told me was for my graphics card but it said it could not run on this system. I have also tried the repair this Windows Program in the uninstall program folder. I am out of ideas now so please help.

August 10th, 2012 07:00

Hi kalidor ,

Normally this error appears due to the corrupted Movie Maker program or due to the windows profile issues as well. To fix the profile issues, please run a system file checker first. Please find the link from Microsoft which explains the steps in detail. I would request you to back up the important data before you perform the file checker or any kind of advanced troubleshooting as precautionary measure.

support.microsoft.com/.../929833

Once you perform this profile fix.

1. Go to Control Panel.

2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a Program.

3. Locate Windows Live Essential 2011, and then click Uninstall/Change.

4. When a window appears, select Repair all Windows Live programs.

5. Restart your computer after the repair.

Please feel free to reply in case you need further assistance on the same.

Thanks & Regards

Swapnajan M C

#iworkfordell

4 Posts

August 10th, 2012 20:00

Okay, I have tried the fixes that I was sent even the one going into the cmd prompt and trying the scan. The scan found nothing wrong or fixed. I am still having this issue. Do you think it is time to do a system restore or delete and hopefully reinstall Movie Maker?

4 Posts

August 11th, 2012 00:00

I have tried to uninstall this and after reinstalling it I still cannot view files with it!

August 13th, 2012 14:00

Hi kalidor,

After reinstalling the Movie maker, are you getting the same error code “c945000e”? Also, as you have posted that you are not able to view the files, could you please tell us if you are referring to the installed file of “Movie Maker” or you are trying to open / view a file using the movie maker application?  

Thanks & Regards

Swapnajan MC

#iworkfordell

4 Posts

August 13th, 2012 14:00

Hello,

In answer to your question, yes I am still getting the same message. What I meant about viewing was when I wish to view a video I want to work on I click on it and I get the message. I can see the file just can't open it. Do you think a last known good will fix it?

August 16th, 2012 09:00

Hi kalidor,

The Last Known Good Configuration feature is a recovery option that you can use to start your computer by using the most recent settings that worked. The Last Known Good Configuration feature restores registry information and driver settings that were in effect the last time the computer started successfully.

support.microsoft.com/.../307852

As the error is related to an application, System Restore would be a better option. Please do a System Restore, to a date on which the application worked fine. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking System Restore.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Your personal files, such as email, documents, or photos will not be affected by this; however any program that you have installed post the Restore point (The date that you are selecting) will be lost.

Please click on the below mentioned link to view the Questions and Answers about the System Restore.

windows.microsoft.com/.../System-Restore-frequently-asked-questions

Please do write back in case you have any further questions on the same.

Thanks & Regards

Swapnajan MC

#iworkfordell

No Events found!