Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2011 09:00

Error code 2000-0411 Keyboard backlight cable not detected

XPS M1730 internittant problem - machine crashes and will not reboot. Diagnostic error code 2000-0411.

After a couple ot tries it restarts.

Keyboard backlight has not worked for a long time - Fn rt arrow does nothing.

Any ideas? Could be a cable is not seated properly but I'm not anxious to pull the machine appart.

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

March 28th, 2011 12:00

MS72

Sorry to hear about the troubles.  The following link gives details on the basic diagnostics.

The code 2000-0411 means a possible failed hard drive.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?&docid=DSN_300428&isLegacy=true#HDD

I suggest reseating the hard drive.  Disconnecting the drive and reconnecting it. Here is a link from the service manual on removing hard drives.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Once reseated and try diagnostics again.  If it gives the same error you will need to replace the drive.

TB

1 Message

February 15th, 2012 08:00

Hi,

in this link (http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?&docid=DSN_300428&isLegacy=true#HDD) i,ve searched my problemes

but there is no 2000-0411 error code details ,and also bought new hard drive from ebay for my dell latitude xt,but  getting the same error on dell diagnostics.

and getting on computer start no bootable devices found press f1 to retry f2 to bios and f5 to diagnostics.

i dont have any damm idea what kind probleme is this,,i thought this was hard drive problemes,and then bought new hard so nothing changed,,,pls save me from this painfull situation!!!!! i will be really thankfull to you!

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

February 15th, 2012 12:00

I stand corrected; I saw PSA 1000-0411 and mistook it for 2000-0411.  It is a bit concerning that you are getting an error not listed on the guide.  Are you getting the "no bootable devices" error with both drives or only on the new hard drive?

What is happening when you get the 2000-0411 code, did you manually start diagnostics and if so what test was running when you get the error, or is this error something that happens randomly?

What version of the BIOS does the notebook have?  Start the system tapping F2.  The BIOS should open, check what version it is.  It should be listed on top. On the left side should be a menu, choose maintenance and then load defaults then continue.

Now run diagnostics, start the system holding down FN, or tapping F12 and choose diagnostics.  Allow the basic tests to complete and then when prompted choose extended diagnostics, custom tests then hard drive tests. Please report back with the results.

TB

1 Message

March 16th, 2012 05:00

i too have the same problem. when prompted on msg error code 2000-0411; it shows SATA/PATA cable not detected. pl guide

September 15th, 2013 14:00

Hi, Im a Help Desk Technicain and got a call from a End User who's PC (laptop ) was not booting into windows.

LATITUDE E6410

>>Tryed safe mode> freezing up and not booting into safemode. 
>> 2.  Last Know Good Config
>> 3.  And ran Diagnostics

>>Dell error 2000-0411  message :  cables / keyboard not detected.

>>Hard ware problem Identified in Dignostics Test  however  no parts Identified exceplt for Cable or Key board.

please offer any comments / suggestions>

Spence

2.6K Posts

September 16th, 2013 11:00

Hello Computer-Geek,

The error code 2000-0411 indicates the component in the error is the Keyboard. There are few steps I would suggest:

Hope this helps!

September 21st, 2013 19:00

Thanks for the Input,  Dont know how that issue turned out.  I presume that  the computer owner was able to get a on site Tech to fix the 2000-411 error.

Thanks again.

Computer Geek.

2.6K Posts

September 23rd, 2013 19:00

Hello Computer-Geek,

Thank you for the update. Please write back to the forum if you need any further assistance. 

2 Posts

April 23rd, 2017 22:00

Hello,  I recently repaired my dell precision M6500 and all was fine. Then after multiple system reboots with no problems I Recieved the error code 0411. Msg Error Code 2000-0411. MSG: Cables -  Right I0 board not detected.  Can anyone offer me any insight as to where my problem is.? According to the diagnostic texts both hard drives I have are being recognized by the computer. And when I look in the BIOS setup during the computers startup under system information it says that the memory installed is 32768 MB but the memory available is 32692 MB. Meaning the amount of memory assigned for system use is greater than memory available. If someone could please let some ideas for how to correct this I would greatly appreciate it and love you long time. Thanx

No Events found!