Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2013 16:00

Error message 0xc0000034 - help please

Hello, When I try to power on to my new Inspiron laptop I get the error number above. Says there's " an invalid object in the boot configuration data store" before I get to main home screen. Any tips? Paul

1.8K Posts

March 23rd, 2013 19:00

Hi Paul,

Please share the system model and operating system installed.

Did you make any recent hardware or software changes?

You may run an onboard diagnostic test on your computer. For detailed steps on it, you may refer to link: http://dell.to/OUGnqT  

If the diagnostic tests pass, check if the system exhibits the same behavior in ‘Safe mode with Networking’. Steps to access ‘Safe mode with Networking’: 

1. Restart the computer and tap F8 key. 
  2. Using the arrow keys, select “Safe Mode with Networking”  and press Enter.
  3. Select the user account at the log in screen and check if the issue persists.

If you have Windows 7 and have recently installed Service Pack 1, you may refer to link: http://bit.ly/169ayyP

Please share the findings.  

March 24th, 2013 19:00

Dear Chinmay.......thank you for your support.  The unit is an Inspiron 3520 running Windows 8.  Its brand new.  I ran the diagnostic tests and the test said the computer has no problems however it still has the problem giving the orginal error message.

I was unsuccessful getting to Safe mode by tapping F8.  The original error message popped up instead.

Any other ideas?

Paul

1.8K Posts

March 26th, 2013 03:00

Hi Paul, 

The steps for safe mode in above post are for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.

As your computer has Windows 8 installed, you may try to restore computer to default factory settings. This step leads to complete data loss including pictures, music files, videos, documents and applications. Please disconnect any external peripherals as well. 

You may try steps below to refresh the Windows 8 and see if helps:

• Shut down the computer
  • Power On the system
  • Power Off the system after Dell Logo with “rolling dots” at the bottom of the screen
  • Repeat the above steps 2-3 times. This will take you to Windows recovery environment.
  • Click 'Troubleshoot'
  • Click the 'Dell Backup and Recovery' icon 
  • The system restarts and comes back up, click 'Next' on the 'Dell Backup and Recovery' Screen 
  • The system would be checked to see if the smart repair option can fix the issue, click 'Next' once this is done 
  • You will be prompted to select the backup to be used, click the factory image option or select from one of the backups. Click 'Next' 
  • You will be prompted to back up your files, select No, Erase my files. 
  • The system goes ahead and completes the restore of the operating system. Click Restart when prompted 
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the system with windows

Please reply for further clarifications. 

No Events found!