Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2009 20:00

Factory Restore Vostro 1500

I am doing a Factory Restore on my Vostro, well attempting to anyway.  I have already backed up all of my personal data on my external HD.   I followed the walkthru on how to do the system restore.  I held down the F8 key and got into the Advanced Options Menu, I from there selected repair computer, specified my language and loged in uner admin.  Once into the nexxt menu see several options but i do not see Dell Factory Image Restore (which should be there i have a partitioned recovery drive) The only option that would make sense for what i am doing is one called Complete System Restore. I select that and a progress bar comes up and says searching for back up drives (or something to that effect I can run it agian to get specifics if need be) that runs thru then the box disapears and i can just see the menu that i just selected from.  Nothing else happens... i dont know if i am doing something wrong or if i have something set up wrong...Any ideas? I cant find any other troubleshooting on dells website to help with this issue.  I am at a loss becuase my disk drive broke so i cant just use my boot cds. Thanks

February 25th, 2009 11:00

BUMP

No Events found!