Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2009 12:00

Getting the Dell 370 Bluetooth card working in Windows 7 x64

So, I've installed a fresh Windows 7 Pro x64 on my Inspiron Studio. It has a 370 Bluetooth mini-card in it.

For some reason, the bluetooth card doesn't show up in the device manager and I see no bluetooth icon in the lower-right of the screen.

What's strange is that I have a little USB Bluetooth dongle that I can plug in, and it is immediately detected by Windows, and then I will see it appear in the Device Manager and I also get a bluetooth icon in the lower-right of the screen.

What's stranger still is that, if I scan for bluetooth devices, the USB dongle sees the Dell 370 mini-card (through the airwaves, mind you... not through the wiring of the laptop. In fact, I'm sure that Windows thinks that the mini-card is in some other laptop which just happens to be within bluetooth range).

Does anybody know why Windows 7 isn't seeing the 370 mini-card, and how to fix it?

4.6K Posts

December 4th, 2009 17:00

Did you install drivers for the bluetooth card yourself, or did Windows 7 install drivers for it during installation?

14.4K Posts

December 4th, 2009 18:00

you need to load the driver from the Drivers and download page for your system. If there is no win 7 driver use the Vista driver

3 Posts

February 8th, 2010 12:00

I downloaded and installed the Dell 370 driver for Win 7 64bit for my Dell Studio XPS 1640 and it broke the webcam.  At least for my machine the drivers on the Dell site for Win 7 and the 370 card do not work.  This happened on a clean install with nothing else on the system.

I am looking elsewhere for drivers for this Broadcom chip.

Ed

No Events found!