Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2013 22:00

HELP!!! Error Code 0xc0000001 and 0xc000021a!!!

I'm currently using my laptop for 2 months and today when I shut down my Dell Inspiron 15 a while ago and open it again after an hour I continuously get this error

• :(
  • Your PC ran into Problem and it needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.
  • If you'd like to know more you can search online later for this error. 0xc000021a

After it automatically restart it says

• RECOVERY
  • Your PC couldn't start properly
  • After multiple tries, the operating system on your pc failed to start, so it needs to be repaired
  • Error code: 0xc0000001
  • You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have an installation media (like a disc or USB devices), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

Whats should I do I encounter this problem about 3 hours ago help me please!!!

Thank you!!

193 Posts

May 24th, 2013 23:00

What machine type and operating system do you have?

Is there any text with the error.

Try the following:  

- Boot to Safe Mode, if that works, then it is a problem with non-essential startup drivers, services, or startup programs.

- If no go, try Last Known Good Configuration, then run a malware and rootkit scans.

3.1K Posts

May 25th, 2013 05:00

Hi delacroix,

Did you make any software or hardware changes o the computer?
Are you able to boot to the desktop screen? 

It appears to be a problem with the operating system file which might have been corrupted. I would suggest you to run the Dell Diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Power off the computer -> restart the computer, press 'F12' key on the Dell logo -> Select ‘Diagnostics’ from the boot menu. Please refer to the link if any error code shows up http://dell.to/17hZikk.

If Diagnostics doesn't show any error code, you may follow the steps below and try repair the OS.

• Power off the computer
  • Restart the system. At the system logo screen immediately  press and hold 'SHIFT' and tap the 'F8' key to enter'Recovery' and select 'See advanced repair option'.

• At 'Choose an option' click 'Troubleshoot'

• At 'Troubleshoot' click 'Advanced options'

• Right at 'Advanced Options' screen left-click 'Windows Startup Settings' 

• Now, at 'Windows Startup Setting' click 'Restart' and allow your system to finish with the process. It will do the repair without making any changes to your important folders. 

If the issue persists, you may try 'Automatic Repair' option in the above step and check if it is able to fix the issue.

Please reply with the findings.

13 Posts

May 26th, 2013 23:00

sir/ma'am faizalenu when I receive it, it origibally using Windows 8 operating system.

the error display in a blue screen says my computer needs to be repaired

Safe Mode is not working it says the same thing

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 27th, 2013 00:00

delacroix,

Please continue with DELL-Appu S

Press and hold the power button down for 30 seconds. This should shutdown the computer and give you a chance to start it.

Tap the F2 button once a second to enter the BIOS.

Disable Fast Boot

Disable Secure boot

enable legacy boot.

Save and exit.

Tap F8 once a second and it should bring up a menu. If you can, enter the safe mode with networking.

Download and install Resplendence WhoCrashed click on the analize button and at the bottom, copy and paste that information back here so DELL-Appu S knows why your computer BSOD.

You can follow his instructions to recover the system, unless you want to wait until DELL-Appu S can find the reason your system crashed. I got stuck in a boot look because of drivers and had a rough time getting the system started and this was the procedure I used.

You can also use Windows 8 shutdown to bring up troubleshooting mode and instructions there to help you.

Please respond back so Appu can help, it may just be a driver issue.

Rick

13 Posts

May 27th, 2013 01:00

sir DELL-Appu S

I did not change any software of (Dell Inspiron 3521) but it automatically update and when my brother open it

it says installing update. . . . . . . . . . . .

after that I encounter the blue screen and I can't even access the desktop home screen

plus I can't access the RECOVERY advance repair option sir I tried it so many times but still I can't

please help me its very much appreciated! Thank you!! 

I even tried the diagnostics but still nothings happen

13 Posts

May 28th, 2013 00:00

sir RockSt☆r-Rick K I successfully run the Diagnostics i did the quick scan and everything is alright except the NOTEBOOK PANEL

I run it again in the THOROUGH TEST MODE and I press the 'Y' as what I read on the internet and everything is fine all have the check mark.

but I also read that the beep sound have an equivalent error mine is One beep at a time and the error code is 2000-0333? what does it mean sir.

by the way am not a tech expert that why I'm hesitant to change things on the BIOS cause I'm not sure if I can change it to default setting again. by the way thanks for your time sir.

3.1K Posts

May 28th, 2013 09:00

Hi delacroix,

You may try to perform PC Restore which means restoring your computer to factory settings. 
Note: This step leads to complete data loss including pictures, music files, videos, documents and applications. Please disconnect any external peripherals as well.

• Shut down the computer
  • Power On the system
  • Power Off the system at Dell Logo with “rolling dots” at the bottom of the screen
  • Repeat steps 2-3 times so that it starts automatic repair
  • Let automatic repair finish and then click ‘Troubleshoot’
  • Click the Dell Backup and Recovery icon.

• The system restarts and comes back up, click Next on the Dell Backup and Recovery Screen.

• The system would be checked to see if the smart repair option can fix the issue, click Next once this is done.

• You will be prompted to select the backup to be used, click the factory image option or select from one of the backups. Click Next.

• You will be prompted to backup your files, if needed do so by selecting the option Yes, backup my personal files (Make sure to have an external backup hard drive handy.) or select No, Erase my files.

• The system goes ahead and completes the restore of the operating system. Click Restart when prompted.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the system with windows.

If the above steps do not produce any positive results, you would require the operating system discs to restore the system to factory condition.

Awaiting your response.  

13 Posts

June 2nd, 2013 21:00

Hi Sir,

I don't want to lose my files so I tried so hard to find a better way to fix this error and

I successfully run the desktop home screen by clicking the 'F8' on the start up menu

then 'F7' (Disable Drive Enforcement)

is it safe Sir???

I also run a full scan after that and no virus or what so ever detected

I search for the updates that automatically installed on my laptop before that blue error happen and here they are

Security Update for Microsoft Windows

Update for Microsoft Outlook 2013

Update for Microsoft SkyDrive Pro

Update for Microsoft Windows

It's running smoothly but every time I turn it on the blue error pops up so I need to restart it again and press 'F8' then 'F7'

Thanks Sir..

June 3rd, 2013 16:00

I am also having a issue with error code 0xc0000001. When I try the shift f8 option it goes to the the diagnostic. I'm running windows 8 & it's a dell Inspiron 3520. It happened while I was updating drives. What do I do. The laptop is 3 months old

13 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 21:00

We have the same problem mine is also 3 months old I rum diagnostics and everything is alright so I keep on trying to open up atleast the desktop home screen and I did

What I did was

Immediately after the Dell Logo popped up I HOLD SHIFT AND PRESS F8

after that it will show a blue screen saying that your computer run out of problem you need to contact your supplier ......... and so on

and below that text there's an option to

Press Enter to . . . . . . . . .

Press F8 To Start up menu . . . . . . . . . .

Press ESC to uife setting . . . . . . . . .

I press F8 and then F7 (Disable Driver Signature Enforcement)

Hope this help you out

3.1K Posts

June 4th, 2013 08:00

Hi delacroix,

Using Disable Driver Signature Enforcement may not be a permanent solution. I would suggest you to install all the latest drivers from our Support Site. Use the Service tag of the computer and choose the option Analyze System for Updates. Please use Internet Explorer.

Please reply with the findings.

13 Posts

June 4th, 2013 10:00

Thanks Sir DELL-Appu S

I open my laptop and when I got home and it open automatically without that annoying Blue Screen

I will do your suggestion Sir

Thank You

June 4th, 2013 16:00

Ya I tried that option as well & no luck. This is so frustrating.

13 Posts

June 4th, 2013 18:00

You might have a different issue on your laptop

I open my laptop few minutes ago and it automatically open "NO ANNOYING BLUE SCREEN"

I suggest you to post your issue regarding your laptop and someone will assist you to resolve that

Good Luck!

3.1K Posts

June 7th, 2013 07:00

Hi delacroix,

From your previous response, I can understand that your issue has been resolved, please confirm. In case you are facing any more issues, do let me know. Will take it further.

No Events found!