Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2017 09:00

Headphones on Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2016 2-in-1 sounds bad (without bass)

I bought this PC last year but I've never really tried to fix this problem, so today I begin to search anything usefull in order fo adjust this but found nothing. When I listen to music without headphones or with bluetooth speakers it sounds normally, but when I plug the 3.5 mm jack into the PC, the music sounds almost without bass. As a Dell pc I'm using Realtek Audio and Waves Maxxsense. I've already tried to update the driver, restar the computer and turn off maxxsense audio but nothing changed...

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 8th, 2017 12:00

Have you tried setting the enhancements to have more base an then saving those preferences?  If you do that, every time you select that device, it will use those preferences.

Save them by using the option on the right side of the Waves window.

3 Posts

June 8th, 2017 13:00

Saltgrass thanks for your answere but I've already tried that too... The sound is still poor, it's not full-bodied and intense as the sound produced by any other device!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 9th, 2017 07:00

OK, then make sure you are selecting headphones and not headset.

Do you use any enhancements from the speaker icon playback devices?  Sometimes using both can cause problems.

Does increasing the bass frequencies in the equalizer have any effect at all?  You may have to close the Waves window to get the full effect.

You probably already know this, but how good a headphone sounds depends on how well it seals in or around the ear.  Can you tell us what type oh headphone you have?

3 Posts

June 15th, 2017 02:00

Sorry if I answer now, anyway, I don't really know why but I've just done the last windows update and everything seems to be ok. I can hear good music now! Thanks.

No Events found!