Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2013 21:00

How to turn on WIFI on Dell Laptop Inspriron 1545?

I tried everything I could to turn the WIFI back on my Dell Inspiron LAPTOP 1545 after I recently did modification on my symantec antivirus, but failed. So far, these are the steps I performed in trying to turn on the WIFI. 

1. There's no "ON and Off "switch.

2. Pressed "FN" and F2.

3. Start>Control Panel>Network Connections>find the WIFI Adapter>Right Click>Enable.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Art 

3.1K Posts

May 25th, 2013 04:00

Hi Art,

Try pressing only F2 key which enables/disables the wireless on the computer.

As you've mentioned that you did some modification on the Antivirus. You may try to perform System Restore and see if it works. Press and hold the Windows key and press 'R' key. This will open the run window -> Type 'rstrui' without the parenthesis, click on 'Ok' -> This will open the System Restore window. Follow the on-screen instructions to restore your computer to an earlier date. Please refer Here for more information.

Hope this helps.

1 Message

February 4th, 2014 01:00

thank you three much

July 19th, 2014 19:00

Art, 

Thanks so much for the advice, I was going insane not being able to turn my wifi on! This advce fixed my issues, thanks.

Mel

1 Message

August 23rd, 2015 17:00

Hi I'm having the same problem with my Inspiron. Can't connect to my wifi now.  F2 has no effect, and I go into windows,R and it won't let me restore.   Doing a  diagnosis on the connection wants me to plug in phone cable to the  modem. It seems to have lots all information to my wifi.  Any help??

1 Message

December 16th, 2015 06:00

Hi,  

Even I was having the same problem.  Following steps worked for me.

Open Control Panel - > view by category - > view network status and tasks (in network and Internet) - > change adapter settings - > here you'll see "wireless network connection" icon - > right click - > disable - > right click - > enable  - > right click - >click on connect/disconnect  - > then you'll see the popup of available network at right bottom screen, select the one which  you need  to connect. That's it.

Thanks for reading this.

1 Message

May 17th, 2016 13:00

Option 1. Hold down Fn key and press F2 only once, remember if yu keep holding the key it will again disable so click only once

Option 2: Do a system restore to the last best restore point

1 Message

November 27th, 2016 08:00

Same problem; Laptop from work so no admin possibilities Tried all of the above and still nothing, plss someone?

1 Message

August 17th, 2017 11:00

Help a lot..thanks

2 Posts

September 1st, 2017 05:00

What worked for my laptop was pressing the Fn once (don't hold) then pressing the F2 next.  It helps if you press Window (hold) and X before doing this, so you can see the effect of this procedure to your wireless network.

2 Posts

September 1st, 2017 05:00

Thanks. I tried pressing the Fn once and after that I pressed F2 once and it worked!  My laptop didn't respond before when I held the button down as I pressed F2. It helps when you press windows + X to see the effect of what you do to the Wireless network feature.

No Events found!