Highlighted
jaricsag2
Copper

Inspiron 15 7000 7567 issue with screen upon opening laptop

Every time I close my laptop and open it back up I'm greeted with this screen: 

I've tried: running malwarebytes, updating my drivers, running Dell update, and I've restarted the computer like 800 times. Every time I restart it, it goes back to normal but once I close it, it goes back to this state. That one square patch is my mouse, I can move it around but that's all it can do as far as I can tell. I've tried clicking everywhere while it's on this state but nothing happens. It was completely fine yesterday but now this, what's up with it?

16 Replies
kmrutz
Copper

RE: Inspiron 15 7000 7567 issue with screen upon opening laptop

Yo! I had the same problem on the same exact computer (along with another a few days ago). It's a BIOS issue. Took it in to get an ADR tune up and the software checked out. Fixed the problem. 

0 Kudos
AntDice
Copper

Same thing just happened to mine as well today. This happens regardless of having the power cord plugged in or any other apps running. All the troubleshooting I've done so far

-Turned off fast restart

-Disabled hibernation

-Verified wake options were turned on in power settings

-Reinstalled the GTX 1050 ti driver

-Went through the power and system maintenance troubleshooter

-Uninstalled intel rapid storage technology and intel management engine

None of which have worked so far.

@Kmrutz, I'm not famililar with the term ADR, could you explain what that means? I'm curious to know if there's anything I can do from home first.

0 Kudos
althdlc
Copper

I have the exact same problem, i haven't tried calling the support services or the store where i brought it from, but it always goes like that whenever i close my laptop and open again.

0 Kudos
pauldmich
Silver

Uninstalling Dell SupportAssist fixed it for me. Same screen upon awaking and reboot needed. Old SupportAssist worked but as soon as I updated to the latest version this problem immediately started for me. Uninstall, problem went away. Reinstalled, problem came right back. Uninstalled and went away again.  

0 Kudos
amirBHK
Bronze

update bios

mad113
Copper

I rolled back the updates on the Nvidia card and the the intel graphics card under the display adapters in the control panel and that worked for me. I think there may have been  a bug in this new update...

0 Kudos

So I also had this same issue, and I came across two solutions, the first worked for me immediately. Once your laptop is fully powered off, press and hold D, and tap the power button. The screen should display red, blue, and green solid colors on the screen. Once it finished, then press the power button again. If that doesn't work, some people have credited to the new installation of Dell Support Assist. That was the second solution (uninstall it) that may or may not work (considering the first worked for me).

0 Kudos
kaser
Copper

I had this issue and I updated my BIOS. Problem is completely gone now!

cgator41
Bronze

I've been having the same problem, starting yesterday. Updated the BIOS and it seems to have fixed it.

0 Kudos