Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 25th, 2017 13:00

Inspiron 15 7567 gaming. Internet problem.

Okay so,for some reason my internet upload and download speed are constantly limited and its only on this laptop.(wireless) I'm suppose to be getting around 20mbps download and 13mbps upload just like my other devices.But right now,i'm only getting 10.6mbps download and 0.8 mbps download.My router is a tp-link archer c7 ac1750.i contacted tp-link for the router and microsoft for the windows just incase the problem might be one of those but it isn't.So i'm just wondering if it may be the laptop. my internet setting are set to normal,2.4ghz auto everything.i tried with the 5.0ghz but it's still the same problem.Can anyone help me figure this out?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 25th, 2017 19:00

If I am reading your reply correctly, it would seem your network is the problem.  It is a very slow speed for a cable system although my entry level is about that except the upload is quite a bit slower than the download.

Have you checked for firmware upgrades for your Archer gateway?  Does your ISP give you the option of upgrading the wireless device it no firmware upgrades are available?  Right now, it appears the next logical step is to reboot the Gateway and it that doesn't help, get a different model.

Does the ISP have a support forum you could check?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 25th, 2017 13:00

It is hard to suggest anything without specifics regarding your Wireless adapter and local network.  I assume you are using the original Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165?

The up and down speeds you indicate are a little different from standard, what type of internet connection do you have?

Have you run a Network Troubleshooter?  Have you determined the problem is from your router to your system and not related to Internet speeds?  

There are many threads on this system and wireless problems.  Have you seen any of those?

December 25th, 2017 15:00

Yes, I'm using the original Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165,the type of internet connect im using is a cable internet,using a wifi router TP-Link Archer C7 ac1750 currently using the 2.4ghz.I tried everything with the Network Troubleshooter.I even used the command prompt but still isn't normal.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 25th, 2017 17:00

I just went through the process of reinstalling that adapter back in my system and testing.  After doing the driver installs, the system appeared to behave as would be expected.

So, first I would have to suggest uninstalling the reinstalling the driver for it and the Bluetooth part.

Next, if that does not help, take the system to a place which has another network you could test it.  There is always a possibility the gateway has a problem with Win 10.  

Sometime during these events, you may want to open the back and make sure your connections to the card are secure.  While there, make sure the black antenna wire is on the black indicator connector.  It may not be necessary to change if they are not but it might make some difference.  If the wireless icon is showing all bars for signal strength (dot plus 3 bars) this step may not be necessary.

December 25th, 2017 18:00

i just tried uninstalling and reinstalling,i checked the back,everything is setup perfectly.all 3 bars are all there.I've connected to my neighbors internet and it was perfectly fine. But it's still the same with my internet,which is 10.6mbps download and 0.8mbps upload

December 26th, 2017 08:00

Hey,rebooting the gateway helped.Thanks man!

No Events found!