Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

November 8th, 2017 13:00

Inspiron 7567, HDMI out to TV, low FPS

Hi Dell Community. 

I'm getting big performance drops in games when connecting to my TV (direct connection over HDMI).
Taxing scenes that would give me 55FPS when playing on my Laptop Screen are now dropping to 30-35fps and I have no idea what's causing it. As far as I know there shouldn't be such massive drops just by using an external monitor.

I've asked in other places and gotten some suggestions but none that has helped me solve the issue:
- The games are running at 1080p on both my laptop screen and my TV so It's not a resolution difference causing the issues
- I've set the image to only display on the secondary monitor. So it's not mirroring it on the laptop screen.
- I've made sure it's the dedicated GTX1050 Ti running the games and not the integrated graphics card when using my TV (by adjusting the global settings in the Nvidia control panel)
- All the drivers are up to date

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 9th, 2017 07:00

The Nvidia global settings only applies to the laptop LCD panel. The HDMI out port will ONLY use the onboard Intel HD Graphics 630. So getting 30-35 FPS on that Intel GPU is normal. The Intel driver 21.20.16.4727 A03 dated 8/31/17 is the latest one we offered for this Inspiron 15-7567. I did find a newer driver dated 9/11/17 for the onboard Intel HD Graphics 630 on the Inspiron 15-7577, 22.20.16.4771 A01. Might be worth testing to see if it will install on your model.

4 Posts

November 9th, 2017 13:00

Hi Chris.

Thanks for your answer

Are you sure there is no way to get the GTX 1050TI working with the HDMI Port? When I'm connected to the TV, go to the  Desktop and I right click, go to Display and Display adapter properties.  It shows the GTX 1050ti instead of the Intel HD graphics that it shows when normally using the Laptop screen.

Either way, is there some way to get past this limitation with, say, some USB to HDMI adapter or something else?. Feels extremely weird to make a gaming capable laptop and severely limit its options to use an external screen.

Thx

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 9th, 2017 15:00

Maybe you are correct. But so far, I cannot find any review or user that has tested the HDMI out capability. Still looking. Hopefully another Forum user with the Inspiron 7567 can post their HDMI out results.

4 Posts

November 14th, 2017 05:00

Hi Chris.

Just wanted to give you an update.

So I downloaded the Afterburner software from MSI which lets you monitor your GPU temperature and usage and it pretty much confirms that the game is running on the GTX 1050ti even when connected to the TV.

The raise to both the "GPU temperature" and "GPU usage" values are pretty much the same when playing on my laptop screen and the TV. If it was truly running from the Intel HD when on my TV I asume the increase in temperature and usage from the Dedicated graphics card should be minimal.

3 Posts

November 29th, 2017 00:00

Of course the dedicated gpu should work with the hdmi connected to an external screen. Jesus, they can't fix the issues with this laptop and keep saying thigs like this, i'm starting to regret buying one, think i'm gonna send it back while i can.

No Events found!