Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

L

3 Posts

January 21st, 2007 19:00

Inspiron ME051, Installing driver problem " Intel Graphics Video Rev: A07" 915GM

Hi, I have installed Windows XP OS in my Inspiron ME051 laptop. Ater that when I am going to installig the Intel Graphics Video Rev: A07 drivers then it displays a error like " one or more files required for installation are either missing or corrupt. setup will exit ". Plz help me for, how to solve this problem.

Thanks.

2.4K Posts

January 26th, 2007 19:00

Hi

What order do the drivers need to be installed in Windows XP on my Dell desktop or portable computer?

Table of Contents
1. Desktop and portable driver install order in Microsoft® Windows® XP.

1. Desktop and portable driver install order in Microsoft® Windows® XP.

Microsoft® Windows® XP (with service pack 2 and later) does not require a system driver installation order. However, the following order preference works best.

NOTE: The list below is a general overview of Dell desktop and portable systems. Actual system configurations may vary.

1. Desktop System Software (DSS) or Notebook System Software (NSS) - A compilation of critical Microsoft updates.
2. Intel Chipset - Helps Windows control system board components and controllers.
3. Video Card - Enhances video performance.
4. Network Interface Card (NIC) - Enables and enhances the network controller.
5. Sound Card - Enables and enhances the audio controller.
6. Modem - Enables and enhances the modem.
7. Wireless Network Card - Enables and enhances the wireless network controller.
8. BlueTooth® Module - Enables and enhances the Bluetooth controller.
9. PCMCIA/Smartcard controller - Enables and enhances the PCMCIA/SmartCard controller.
10. Touch Pad/Track Stick/Pointer - Enhances the pointing device features.
11. Other - Other devices and peripherals such as printers and digital cameras that are connected to the computer.

4 Posts

May 20th, 2007 17:00

Hello,
I reinstall windows XP on my Dell inspiron 6400 ME051 and followed the same sequence for the installation of the drivers as
1- NSS
2- Chipset
3- Vedio

but still getting the error in the  Intel Graphics Video Rev: A07 drivers then it displays a error like
" one or more files required for installation are either missing or corrupt. setup will exit ".
:smileysad:
Plz help me for, how to solve this problem.
ahmedirshad(at)gmail.com

7 Posts

May 23rd, 2007 03:00

i have an inspiron E1405 and i used the drivers and utilities dell sent on a cd.. and i tried installing the drivers, and the model popped up the inspiron ME051 and im getting the same problems???

7 Posts

May 23rd, 2007 17:00

okay.. i found the solution.. for those who has the same problem.. just dling the video driver in the "drivers and downloads section" it should be the intel graphics 945m? something like that.. but that will fix the problem.

2.1K Posts

May 23rd, 2007 18:00

Good that you found the problem. But - and no offense - the next time you have a need to post, please do so in the correct forum (which in this case should have been the Inspiron Video board - not the Gaming board.

4 Posts

Hi,
Dell inspiron 6400/ME051 uses mobile intel 945 GM express chipset, i down load the intel 945 Graphics MEdia Accelerator (GMA) driver from intel's site and it is working fine now.

But the question arises why the disply driver at the original DELL CD is not working?

Regards,

P.S. the family of chipset can be known through a small utility available at intel site.

2.1K Posts

1.5K Posts

May 23rd, 2007 19:00

I'm moving this to the Inspiron boards.

15 Posts

May 29th, 2007 05:00

Hi

This is the order which is working good for me with Windows XP Professional Service pack 2 integrated.

if you have sigmatel audio card. Install the drivers in this order as mentioned below:-
1. Install XP and extract all the drivers provided by DELL on harddisk.

2. Install the patch from microsoft for KB888111 - Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver version 1.0a available for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows 2000. Remember you wont get this as free hotfix from microsoft. To get this just extract the Conextant modem driver supplied in your driver disk or go to Dell driver download site and download this .exe for conextant modem. Once you extract you will see this patch.

3. Once the installation of KB888111 is finished. The Windows hardware will detect audio bus. Chose the option to install the drivers and give the path where you extracted the sigmatel audio drivers. The directory chosen should be WDM.

4. After this it will automatically say a modem on audio bus is detected. Then give the path for the extracted folder of conextant modem.

5. Then install the motherboard chipset drivers.

6. Then install the LAN card drivers

7. After this the Wi-Fi drivers

8. In the last install the latest drivers downloaded from the Intel site for the graphics card you have.

This should solve all you problems. In case you have Windows XP provided by Dell it may already have the KB888111 installed as default. But to be on safe side install it again.

I hope you will find this information useful. Let me know if you have any doubt.

Regards

Kavitesh Singh.

Message Edited by Kavitesh on 05-29-2007 01:43 AM

September 12th, 2009 11:00

Hi,

I have a Dell Insipiron E 1505 and had the same problem with the video driver from the Dell's cd.

I tried to follow your advice about the intel 945 Graphics Media Accelerator(GMA) but it kept saying "This computer doesnt meet the minimum requirements for installing this software".

Then I tried at dell.com home page on video drivers download the ATI - Driver. Here is the link

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WW1&osl=EN&catid=6&impid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=INSPIRONI6400%2FE1505&hidos=WW1&hidlang=en&TabIndex=

And now it works.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

No Events found!