Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2017 09:00

Laptop (Precision 1350 Workstation) Plugged in not Charging after using it with dell docking station (dell e port plus usb 3.0 replicatior)

Hello so my laptop (Precision 1350 Workstation) with windows 7 which i bought in September 2016 stopped charging after I used it with my docking station . It worked for a week or two prior to this and then I started getting a notification every time I put the laptop on the docking station that said "ac power adapter not recognized , use adapter of 65 watts or above" but the adapter was 130 watts. Even when the laptop was taken off the docking station and the ac adapter was just plugged into the wall it still won't charge at all. I made sure the bios was updated 1.11.4 and even checked for driver to update and ran the online diagnostics there was no problems but it still won't charge. A tech came out last Wednesday and replaced the motherboard and this fixed the problem for about a day but then when I put it back on the docking station the same problem occurred and it still won't charge. I even tried it on a different docking station but the same make and model as mine and the problem persists. Does anyone know what is wrong? The phone tecnicians and the technicians don't seem to know what to do 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 19th, 2017 08:00

jadestellawells wrote: A tech came out last Wednesday and replaced the motherboard and this fixed the problem for about a day but then when I put it back on the docking station the same problem occurred and it still won't charge.

:emotion-2:

I'm assuming your Dell model number is 3510 instead of 1350, correct ?

I'd suggest you update the docking station drivers in your Dell Product Support page and see if that will make a difference.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 19th, 2017 09:00

If updating the docking station didn't fix the problem, I suggest you Reset BIOS To Factory Defaults.

www.dell.com/.../SLN297926

1 Message

March 20th, 2017 14:00

I'm starting to have the same issue as you,with a dell E-port Plus docking station with my Latitude E5440. At boot I get a message saying insufficient power and I have to manually run diagnostics each time to re-establish that i do indeed have the correct amount of power. In addition to this if running a high stress software or game (photoshop) I will notice that my battery will stop receiving power (plugged in, not charging) and performance will drop like a rock and start running hot.

The only "fix" to this I have found is to plug in your laptops powers supply as well to supplement its power needs.

No Events found!