Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

December 20th, 2007 19:00

Latitude D830 Vista Business 32 and Office 2007

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else run into a problem running Office 2007 on Vista Business 32bit on a D830?  Our experience is that when you try to run Outlook 2007, something glitches out and changes the color depth to 256 color.  This color depth problem presists until you reboot.  It does not happen with anything else on the computer, just Outlook.  It is not used for games so I can't give you any feedback there.  I will be trying a new graphics drivers by intel for the inbedded video card since Dell has not updated their drivers since launch. 

Vista was completly reinstalled on this machine with a new hard drive and the same issue came back this time as well.  It seemed to be OK initially, but I think an update from microsoft update was applied and it started happening again.  Has anyone experienced this issue?

46 Posts

December 24th, 2007 12:00

Hi Mike,

I'm running Office Pro 07 / Vista x32 without a problem so far. I've had my D830 (T7500 + NVS 140M) 10 days now and Outlook is running fine, except startup is running a little slower than I'd like since I IMAPed my GMail. 

I got a question for you though. I posted it a couple of days ago, but I haven't found a reply. Since you're on a D830 I was wondering if you'd found the same going on since you updated your drivers.

Thanks.
No Events found!