Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2017 23:00

Latitude E4300, Windows 10, Enable Touchpad Scrolling

I recently acquired a Dell Latitude E4300 with Windows 10 installed. The issue is, I want to enable touchpad scrolling but cannot find a driver that works with Windows 10. The latest one is for Windows 8.1 and it will not work. Are there any alternative drivers, or something I can do. This is a huge deficit from an otherwise great machine. Any reason why Dell is not making them and/or if they could (hint hint anyone out there working for dell, this is in high demand i imagine).

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 5th, 2017 02:00

The problem is that the nine year old 2008 Latitude E4300 was only validated/tested by Dell for Windows XP/Vista/7.

Because there is not a dedicated driver for it, Windows 10 would have to provide the touchpad scrolling ability. You are saying it did not. You may attempt to force the installation of this Windows 10 Dell Multi-Touch Touchpad driver. But again, we never tested it on the 2008 Latitude E4300.

3 Posts

February 15th, 2017 19:00

Are they eventually going to make drivers for it or should I downgrade to windows 7?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 20th, 2017 06:00

Unfortunately, there are no plans to write Windows 10 drivers for this 9 year old laptop. If touchpad scrolling is that necessary, then you need to install Windows 7. For me, I would rather have the positives of Windows 10 minus the touchpad scrolling over going back to Windows 7.

No Events found!