Highlighted
rrlagic
Bronze

Latitude E5530 OS reinstallation: BSOD on Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver

Hello!

I was upgrading my Latitude E5530 with Samsung 850 EVO SSD. I have downloaded OS reinstallation image from Dell support page and put it on USB flash stick. I have replaced HDD with SSD and began clean install.

First surprise was error window telling I need CD/DVD with drivers for my hardware. I saw recomendations to give Intel RST driver, it was recognized, but that did not wort, I could not continue installation. At this time USB flash stick was in USB port on the left side of the notebook.

Next I put the stick in the port on the right side of the note, and it worked like a charm, the system was deployed in 6 minutes.

Next it was attempt to install drivers. I have manually installed NIC driver, then Dell Command Update and let it install drivers. That attempt was messed. Particularly, laptop BSOD'ed on  Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver installation. In the next attempt to install same driver I get error it was unable to install.

I have tried once over, and installed drivers manually in prescribed driver installation order. At #3 there is  Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver. When I install it using setup program, laptop gives BSOD. In the next attempt to install same driver I get error it was unable to install. I knew I have to unplug all USB devices and install this driver from the drive, no matter, still BSOD.

In both cases I noticed left side USB port was not working at all, and other worked intermittently, accepting USB stick, but no activity on USB HDD and USB to SATA convertor.

Later I tried to not run setup program, but ckick Update driver... in device manager and let it pick the driver from unzipped location - it messed machine so bad, that it don't boot now, BSOD's quickly during startup.

So my question is how do I reinstall my machine from factory OS recovery image, so that Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver get installed and my USB ports bacome functional.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos