Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

February 7th, 2017 09:00

Latitude E6530 - Keyboard & Touchpad issues

Hi,

I'm having many issues with my E6530.  It seems to have a mind of its own.  Sometimes, the keyboard stops working and then other times it starts typing random letters.  The cursor will also click around randomly and windows will open. There's not rhyme or reason.  I've updated the BIOS and drivers, but the issues still occur and it seems to be more frequent now.  I scanned the laptop for viruses and malware and it came out clean.  I'm not sure if reinstalling Windows will fix these issues or if it's hardware based.  Could the motherboard need replacing?  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

February 8th, 2017 03:00

Hi BJM124,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Does this happen if you use an external mouse or keyboard?

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

35 Posts

February 8th, 2017 06:00

I haven't tried an external mouse, but I have with a keyboard.  I had to use an external keyboard because the laptop keyboard stopped responding.  The issues still remain but I am able to have more control the external keyboard.  Random windows still open and extra characters will start typing on its own.

No Events found!