Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

69 Posts

April 19th, 2006 12:00

Maximum temperature inside laptop?

I use the free 'temperature check'  in the program 'CheckHDDTemp' to check the temperature inside my computer. It usually shows 41 degrees. The program states that 35 degrees should be the maximum.However, I had heard that for Dell computers only, this maximum is not correct.
I contacted someone in Dell Support, and they said that maximum should be between 30-35 degrees.
I am confused. Is the program not reading my system correctly because it is a Dell computer? Or is my brand new laptop, just 3 weeks old, overheating?
I never download any video, music,or movies; never watch or listen to those files online; neither do I ever use it on battery.
Do I have a problem?
Would appreciate any advice.
Thanks.
Kimjor

11.9K Posts

April 19th, 2006 12:00

@kimjor wrote:
I use the free 'temperature check'  in the program 'CheckHDDTemp' to check the temperature inside my computer. It usually shows 41 degrees. The program states that 35 degrees should be the maximum.However, I had heard that for Dell computers only, this maximum is not correct.
I contacted someone in Dell Support, and they said that maximum should be between 30-35 degrees.
I am confused. Is the program not reading my system correctly because it is a Dell computer? Or is my brand new laptop, just 3 weeks old, overheating?
I never download any video, music,or movies; never watch or listen to those files online; neither do I ever use it on battery.
Do I have a problem?
Would appreciate any advice.
Thanks.
Kimjor

HDD would be the hard drive temperature, not the temperature inside the computer.  My hard drive in my 600m, per Fangui, is currently 44 degrees, and it's not being accessed...

25 Posts

April 19th, 2006 19:00

Hey rick you seem pretty smart......My HD is always around 40 degrees too and im using Fan gui.....But my CPU goes from 34-41 degrees.....  Is this normal?    Also i turned off my Speed step in BIOS because my fan was always running high even when not necessary.....i bought a triple fan pad and im just trying to use this to cool my computer so i can keep the computer fan on low ?  is this OK or should i set my fangui to turn on at certain temps?  im using a Inspiron 6000

11.9K Posts

April 19th, 2006 20:00

@bsherma1 wrote:
thanks rick.....so basically dont let the CPU go over 45?

I trigger it at 45, correct.

25 Posts

thanks rick.....so basically dont let the CPU go over 45?

11.9K Posts

@bsherma1 wrote:
Hey rick you seem pretty smart......My HD is always around 40 degrees too and im using Fan gui.....But my CPU goes from 34-41 degrees.....  Is this normal?    Also i turned off my Speed step in BIOS because my fan was always running high even when not necessary.....i bought a triple fan pad and im just trying to use this to cool my computer so i can keep the computer fan on low ?  is this OK or should i set my fangui to turn on at certain temps?  im using a Inspiron 6000

My CPU hovers around 40.  I use Fangui when it hits 45 to bring it back down to 38.  I use a pad to keep my lap cool, but the fan doesn't run on high very often.  The pad doesn't cool, just insulates my lap. 

49 Posts

April 20th, 2006 04:00

I used fan gui on my 4 + years old 8100.  The 8100 is still going strong but just took delivery on a 1505.  Seems nice so far, no complaints. 

Rick do you know of a program to control fans on the 1505 which I believe is similar to 6400.  One thing I have done is put the notebook on two boards so that there is space under the middle of the notebook.  I think it allows for it to keep cooler. 

11.9K Posts

April 20th, 2006 10:00

@bynum3 wrote:

I used fan gui on my 4 + years old 8100.  The 8100 is still going strong but just took delivery on a 1505.  Seems nice so far, no complaints. 

Rick do you know of a program to control fans on the 1505 which I believe is similar to 6400.  One thing I have done is put the notebook on two boards so that there is space under the middle of the notebook.  I think it allows for it to keep cooler. 

The only program I've used is Fangui.  He lists compatibility on his site, don't know if the newest systems are listed.

No Events found!