Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 16th, 2013 19:00

My Dell Inspiron N7110 wont't turn on.

My Dell Inspiron N7110 won't turn on. I already tried taking out the battery and then holding down the power button and then reconnecting the charger and then pressing the power button and f9, it didnt work. When I try to turn it on, none of the lights are on on the computer. the charger light is on though. my computer is not that old. bought it in november of 2011. thanks for the help

2K Posts

July 16th, 2013 20:00

Hi TrenTJurrians,

Request you to check if there are any beep codes coming from the computer or any light indicators on the left side of the computer. If still nothing then there is a possibility that the motherboard is failed. You may use the below link and check warranty status:

http://dell.to/12Bz4Il

If the computer is in warranty do send me the system service tag via private message. I will check and see what can be done.

If the computer is out of warranty you may call the out of warranty repairs (U.S only) on 18002884410. They can help you further.

To send a private message, click on my user name and select start conversation.

July 16th, 2013 21:00

The computer is not making any noises or anything. It is like the computer is dead. My computer is no longer in warranty. How much does it cost to get the motherboard fixed? Would it be better to buy a new computer?

2K Posts

July 17th, 2013 00:00

Hi TrenTJurrians,

If there is neither light nor beeps coming from the computer then there is a possibility that the motherboard is failed. You may contact the out of warranty repairs and they can help you further. I am not aware of the charges. However once you speak to them you can decide if you want to go for the repair or not.

No Events found!