Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

Z

1 Message

November 8th, 2006 08:00

My Latitude D620 has a SIM CARD SLOT below Battery.

Hi all,
wanted to know the use of it.
can i use it for accessing internet from my simcard...

6 Posts

November 8th, 2006 14:00

they all do. I beleive you need the WWAN networking card thats a mini-pci addin at purchase time. that sim holder is just the reader portion that the mini-pci card would talk to.

3 Posts

November 9th, 2006 14:00

My D420 also has the mentioned SIM card slot, and I was wondering if Dell had accidentally provided me with a WWAN card although I did not order one. However, I guess trifster is right: the reader unit alone won't be of any use. What a shame... :)

1 Message

December 7th, 2012 09:00

i have dell d620 there is a simcard slot below the battery. how to use this.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 7th, 2012 11:00

You don't  there are 3G cards but they are optional. Dell Wireless 5520 Mobile Broadband 3G HSDPA WWAN Card EU870D

Dell Wireless Mobile Broadband MiniCard

Dell Mobile Broadband Card Utility (DMBCU) Generic version supporting Dell Wireless 5520 (EU870D) Mobile Broadband (3G HSDPA) Minicard.

Release Date: 8/31/2007

The DRIVER Does NOTHING without the Card EU870D

Mobile Broadband Card <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

www.dell.com/.../xps-m1330

Mobile Broadband Card

NOTE: Mobile Broadband cards may not be available in all regions.

If you ordered a Mobile Broadband card with your computer, the card is already installed.

CAUTION: Before you begin any of the procedures in this section, follow the safety instructions in the Product Information Guide.

1. Follow the procedures in Before You Begin.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

2. Remove the hinge cover (see Hinge Cover).

3. Remove the keyboard (see Keyboard).

Mobile Broadband card

antenna wires (2)

NOTICE: To prevent damage to the connector, do not use tools to spread the securing clips.

1. If a Mobile Broadband card is not already installed, go to step 5. If you are replacing a Mobile Broadband card, remove the existing card:

1. Disconnect the Mobile Broadband card from any attached cables.

Mobile Broadband card

metal securing tabs (2)

1. Use your fingertips to carefully spread apart the metal securing tabs until the card pops up slightly.

2. Slide and lift the Mobile Broadband card out of its connector.

NOTICE: The connectors are keyed to ensure correct insertion. If you feel resistance, check the connectors and realign the card.
 NOTE: Do not insert a WLAN card into the Mobile Broadband card slot.
 NOTICE: The Mobile Broadband card may have one or two connectors, depending on the type of card you ordered.

1. To install a Mobile Broadband card:

1. Move any antenna cables out of the way to make space for the Mobile Broadband card.

1. Align the card with the connector at a 45-degree angle, and press the card into the connector until you feel a click.

Mobile Broadband card

antenna wires (2)

NOTICE: To avoid damaging the Mobile Broadband card, never place cables on top of or under the card and ensure that you route the cables properly.
 NOTE: For more specific information about which cable to connect to which connector, see the documentation that came with your Mobile Broadband card.
    1. Connect the white antenna cable to the connector on the card marked with a white triangle; connect the black antenna cable to the connector on the card marked with a black triangle.

Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) Card

CAUTION: Before you begin any of the procedures in this section, follow the safety instructions in the Product Information Guide.

1. Follow the procedures in Before You Begin.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

2. Remove the battery (see Replacing the Battery).

SIM card

metal brackets (2)

NOTICE: Do not touch the SIM card connectors to protect the card from electrostatic discharge (ESD). To prevent ESD, hold the card in your hand before you insert or remove the card.

1. With the cut-off corner on the card facing away from the card slot, insert the SIM card into the slot so that it slides under the metal tabs on the sides.

Systems

inspiron 1420

inspiron 1520

inspiron 1521

inspiron 1525

inspiron 1526

inspiron 1720

inspiron 1721

Latitude ATG D630

Latitude D420

Latitude D430

Latitude D531

Latitude D620

Latitude D630

Latitude D631

Latitude D820

Latitude D830

Precision M4300

Precision M65

Vostro Notebook 1000

Vostro Notebook 1400

Vostro Notebook 1500

Vostro Notebook 1700

XPS Desktop M1330

1 Message

December 9th, 2012 20:00

hai please send replay

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 31st, 2013 08:00

Only if you also purchase a WWAN card compatible with your cell service provider - along with a data plan for Internet access.  By itself, the SIM card is not sufficient for connectivity.

1 Message

January 31st, 2013 08:00

Hi all,my name is.ghulam hussain solangi.
wanted to know the use of it.
can i use it for accessing internet from my simcard...

2 Posts

July 5th, 2013 03:00

hi go to sim card

2 Posts

July 5th, 2013 03:00

fine

1 Message

January 25th, 2014 14:00

i have dell d620 there is a simcard slot below the battery. how to use this.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 25th, 2014 15:00

See above.  You can't use the SIM by itself.  You must have a WWAN card that is compatible with your service provider's network.

No Events found!