Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 17th, 2017 11:00

New Inspiron 15 7570: Any way to increase screen brightness?

Just got a new 7570. One blaring problem is the screen isnt bright AT ALL. for example, when holding up my cell phone next to the display on this page its obvious that the color white on the 7570 isnt really white but a faded gray color. Is there any way to make the screen brighter or calibrate the colors so white is actually white or is dell just using garbage panels for their inspiron line.

I have 2+ more weeks to decide if i want to return this laptop.

7 Posts

November 18th, 2017 13:00

***Correction*** you CAN adjust the brightness by going into the Intel Graphics Settings. I increased the Brightness to +10 or +15 (cant decide which i prefer) and its SO much better, you can actually see details in dark clothing now, while still keeping the other colors natural looking.  

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

I assume you've already maxed out the display brightness using the keys on the keyboard dedicated to that purpose?  If so, make sure Adaptive Brightness is disabled under Advanced Power Options > Display since that can sometimes reduce brightness due to ambient lighting.  If that still doesn't get you where you want to be, then it's possible the display simply can't go as bright as you wanted, although comparing to a smartphone isn't exactly fair.  Smartphones are designed to be usable outdoors, which requires far higher brightness to achieve, whereas laptops typically are not designed for that particular use case -- but the result is that smartphones will practically always be brighter than laptop displays.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

Well for what it's worth, Notebookcheck does highly in-depth reviews of laptops, and they specifically call out the display's brightness as a weak point on the Inspiron 15 7570: www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Inspiron-15-7570-i7-8550U-940MX-Laptop-Review.263654.0.html

7 Posts

November 17th, 2017 13:00

Yes, adaptive brightness is off. I saw the notebookcheck review before i bought this but didnt think it would be so noticeable in real life. (Lenovos displays are so much better!!!) I guess i have 2-3 weeks to learn to live with it or return it and get something else.

thanks for the reply

No Events found!