Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

February 25th, 2008 18:00

PR01X and D610 Latitude - will not boot / POST fails

I've got a PR01X D/Port and use it with a Latitude D610.  I have been using this combination for a few months and recently it failed to boot.
Symptoms:
- the docking station shows a amber lit power button.  When the computer is docked, the light goes OFF.
- Trying to boot after docking results in blinking cursor at the top left of the screen - POST fails, I can't even enter the BIOS.
- The laptop boots fine off the dock

Because the docking station power light goes off, perhaps this means that the dock is dead?
I tried another power adapter and get the same results (PA-10 (90W)).
Searched the forum and didn't find that anyone has found the answer to this.

System setup:
D610 with 2G ram
PR01X D/Port
Windows XP pro
External Dell monitor
USB hub

1 Message

March 24th, 2008 17:00

I am having the same issue. Did you ever resolve yours or contact Dell?

2 Posts

May 29th, 2008 16:00

Issue still not resolved.

I've tried to reload the driver - no results.

I can't update the firmware on the PR01X because it doesn't connect.

I've tried to dock someone else's laptop and the power light goes from amber to green.

- this points to an issue with the laptop in my opinion.

What bothers me is that this was working fine before, then just quit one day (no software changes when it happened).  Perhaps this may be a hardware issue (motherboard or connector).

Anyone else have the same problem?  I'd be suprised if no one else has beside us two. 

4 Posts

November 19th, 2008 07:00

Yes, I am having this problem with a Latitude D630. Can plug other laptops into the dock, no problems. In many cases I've found uninstalling the driver and letting it re-install solves the issue, but I don't know which driver would need to be uninstalled to make this happen.

March 4th, 2009 11:00

Same problem here, and I too know that it's a problem with my D630 becuase a co-workers machine works just fine in my replicator. For what it's worth, there are NO drivers for the replicator(docking station). I suspect that somehow our hardware profiles have become corrupted, and I fear the only way to fix this is to either repair Windows, or God forbid, reinstall Windows (ugghh). For what it's worth, I've tried everything in the book....restores, resinstalling all of my device drivers, etc. Nothing has cured the problem.

No Events found!