Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2015 03:00

Plugged In, Not Charging

Hello Everyone,

About 1 Year ago i Bought a new DELL 5521 it was working fine, but like 2 days ago i was playing games in battery mod, it suddenly pop low battery 6% or maybe 10% so i force shutted down, and like not its charging up-to 60% or 65% and after this it says Plugged in not charging... i don't know why its not going above 65% percent Please Help its Really Argent For Me.. i Tried SEVERAL THINGS PEOPLE SAID, in Google in Forums Nothing Worked Please Tell Me What Should i do??? & it Also Sometimes Plug and Unplug By it Self Like for 2 Seconds it Unplug it Self, and then plug again and i dont know why....

1.2K Posts

January 26th, 2015 07:00

Good day !

Thank you for writing to the community.

Kindly try these steps and advise the results.

1)Power on your computer.

2)when the Dell™ logo appears, tap until the message Entering Setup appears.AC Adapter will be listed in the Main tab,check the status of the charger and advise.

3)Also do update the system BIOS to the current version.

To help me assist you better ,may I know the service tag of the system .

Awaiting a reply from you .

Kindest Regards,

Jennifer .

6 Posts

January 26th, 2015 22:00

MY Service Tag is: DELL 5521  Service tag removed per privacy policy>

My Bios is Latest One: InsydeH2O A12 But By Deafault it was DELL A04 in the Past. ( When i Bought it )

1.2K Posts

January 27th, 2015 04:00

Hi,

In my last post I had asked you to confirm what is the status of the battery and charger in BIOS ,please confirm about the same.

Also I would like to know if this systems charger and adapter are working fine on a different system.

I have looked into the details of the system,made a note of the service tag as this is public post do remove it from your post ,going forward send these details via private message only .And on the basis of your reply I can confirm the faulty component .

Awaiting your reply .

Kindest Regards,

No Events found!