Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

November 24th, 2017 06:00

Ram Upgrade

Hi, my mom has found a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 2-in-1 for about 300$.  it is the top model out of the 3 and i notice.  it only comes with 4GB of Ram.  i would like to know if possible can the Ram be upgraded at a later point in time?  i dont like to purchase machines that i can upgrade in the future.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 24th, 2017 07:00

These are not upgradeable - the memory is hard soldered to the mainboard and they lack a memory socket.

56 Posts

November 25th, 2017 09:00

i dont like machines that are not upgrade able for the future.  4GB of ram is almost becoming to little for everyday stuff.  it would be nice to upgrade to 8GB or 16GB.  at least the HDD is upgrade able because so if i want i can change it to an SSD.  also i am talking about the model with the Core M3 4GB of ram and 1TB HDD.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 25th, 2017 10:00

Just about everything in this size class has soldered-in RAM.  If you're looking for an 8G sub-notebook, there's also the latitude 11 series -- which is quite a bit more capable than the Inspiron, and is available with 8G (though also not upgradeable) -- however, as it cuts far fewer corners than the Chromebook-like Inspiron, the price is substantially higher -- it's a much more serious notebook than the entry level Inspiron 11 series.

1 Message

November 25th, 2017 11:00

Yes actually you can upgrade your laptop ram if it has expandable slot, which you can find out by taking your laptop to dell store or if you don't have one take it to any repair shop if it has a ram slot, then you can upgrade its ram upto 8 GB or more.

Regards

Alee

StuffLoads

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 25th, 2017 11:00

This model has soldered-in RAM -- and no expansion slot.

No Events found!