Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

November 18th, 2017 07:00

Recent Windows Update Audio Problems

The recent Windows 10 update has seemingly removed the MaxxWaves audio  that was never very good to be begin with. This is a problem since the audio is awful without it. What's going on?

November 18th, 2017 07:00

I've installed an older version of the driver, which has brought back the MaxxAudio thing. I do love wasting my time off fixing issues on my new thousand pound machine in a slapdash manner. Is the audio on a computer particularly difficult to get right? 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

November 18th, 2017 08:00

Just so you know, the Windows Upgrade build did not remove the Waves utility from any of my systems.

I believe one of the reasons the Windows cumulative update came out on the 14th was because the FCU upgrade process was replacing some drivers with Windows 10 basic drivers... but I could have misunderstood.

November 18th, 2017 08:00

I still had the realtek driver installed without any options to revert to a previous version through the sound manager. The version installed was more recent that the one provided on the Dell website, which I have installed now. The MaxxAudio program had completely disappeared from my system, however.

1 Message

November 26th, 2017 08:00

Since the Windows update was installed I get an intermittent message at startup stating that Maxx Audio was removed, however, it's still there?  Makes no sense......I have an 2017 XPS 15

No Events found!