Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2016 11:00

Screen flicker with Dell Inspiron 15 7000 (7559)

I got flickring problem only while playing games in my laptop.

But,i alreday tried lots of way to fix this problems still i can't fix the flicker problem

I changed the power plan to High performance

I changed the Intel graphics video setting from maximum power saving to maximum performance

Finally,i updated my display drivers also .

Guys,please help me to fix this problem because it irritating me while playing games.

thanks..

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 25th, 2016 22:00

Hi soferbrk,

I would suggest you to update BIOS, Uninstall and reinstall the video card driver from Dell website as these drivers are tested on the Dell system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1. Open the charms bar by moving the mouse to right top corner of the screen and in the search box, Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
  2. Select the Display adapters listed and right click on it.
  3. Now select properties.
  4. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
  5. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
  6. You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the Intel video card driver first and then Nvidia/AMD card driver (If system is configured with discrete video card) on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section and video card drivers from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps. 

1 Message

October 16th, 2016 23:00

I had the same issue.

Cant play any game without a monitor even it is a game laptop.

When i connect it to an external monitor it is fine it lets me to play games but in its monitor it is flickering crazy.

Yes i have updated the bios, gpu driver etc.

Any other suggestions?

No Events found!