Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

May 30th, 2017 07:00

Screen flickering / waving Issue

Hi, I just bought the Dell Inspiron 2in1 couple of months back and started having the problem of waving / flickering of screen. This flickering is more towards right side of screen and starts from there, but with time moves on to the whole screen. After restart it disappears for some time.

When I checked the graphics setting, the refresh rate is set at 60 pHz by default. When I changed the refresh rate to only other option of 48 pHz, problem is gone for now. Can some suggest what could be the problem, whether it is a software issue or hardware problem. What is the possible fix ? Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 1st, 2017 09:00

Which specific 2in1 model? Have you looked up the service tag number, opened Drivers & downloads, click "Find it myself" and reinstalled the Video driver?

3 Posts

June 2nd, 2017 06:00

It is Inspiron 15 7579 2-in-1. As you said, will try to download and install video driver. Will let you know if it works. thanks

December 8th, 2017 20:00

I have the same issue my Inspiron 7579 did it frim day 1 just on 12 months ago and I manage ti find a fix but can't remember what it was now after Dell support did some changes remotely on Thursday night as my hard drive said it was failing the flickering is back. Getting really fed up a $2000 laptop shouldn't have these issues. I use Adobe Lightroom all the time and this is driving me crazy.

No Events found!