Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2011 12:00

Slow install and extracting on new inspiron 7110 notebook.

Hello. I have recently bought a Dell Inspiron N7110 notebook with the following characteristics : intel core i7 2nd gen 2Ghz , 6 GB DDR3 1333Mhz , 640Gb HDD with 5400rpm and 2Gb Video Nividia GT 525M. The notebook is great when in comes to gaming but I there is something that bothers me. When extracting with Winrar a 8gb file it takes a long time to complete it. Same thing happens if I install some programs/games. Sometimes the install window does not respond for a 2 minutes and takes way longer than my PC,  which is very old , to complete .Also the Cpu meter on my desktop always remains at 4-7% so I don't think it's from CPU. 

And if I try to install for  example Dirt 3 and extract a 4gb archived file at the same time , neither of them complete even after an hour+. Maybe I am having very high expectations from this laptop , but I consider this to be a problem. Also I am hearing sometimes a wierd sound comming from it. The sound is just like the one that happens when the Cd-rom can't open / is jammed or something near this ideea. But the dvd-rw from the laptop works perfect.The sound appears ussually when I reupdate my drivers or when I enter some games. I am thinking that it may be a problem from the HDD?Is the device causing this sound and the other problems? Should I go back to the store from where i bought it and ask for a new one ( or money back  even though I don't want to , I really like this notebook). 

1 Message

September 5th, 2011 15:00

I have 500Gb HDD but with the same problem. Please somebody help!

2 Posts

September 29th, 2011 02:00

Guys, you have HDD with 5400 RPM and you can improve this to replace hard drive with 7200 RPM (of course via service center). The best solution is to install SSD drive but it will be not cheap.

No Events found!