Highlighted
aphael
Copper

Speakers Crackling on Dell Inspiron 15 7559

I have just bought a Dell Inspiron 15 7559 and it just arrived this morning. However, when I try to play any sound the speaker starts to crackle heavily. The only solution that works is plugging in headphones and unplugging them which seems to work. But once you shut down the computer, and turn it back on, this problem still exists. I have already updated the realtek hd audio driver as well as the bios. I would hate to have to return the laptop as it works flawlessly otherwise.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jmferngui
Bronze

RE: Speakers Crackling on Dell Inspiron 15 7559

Install latest Realtek driver FROM REALTEK SITE, not from Dell site.

That Realtek driver ll have an advanced option to disable audio power management. That's it.

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
Diamond

Hello. Unfortunately there is a noise problem with that model, and probably related to power management as jmferngui said.

See the Choppy/Skipping Audio FAQ for the solutions used by other other owners, in addition to the one mentioned of getting a driver direct from Realtek. Scroll down past the links at the beginning to the 7559 section.

Jim Coates -- 14 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
jmferngui
Bronze

If Dell is aware of this audio issue I don't understand why the *** they don't implement the feature of disabling power saving like in the Realtek site drivers.

That Realtek "vanilla" drivers also have Dell audio but there are older versions that are not available on Dell's support site. Strange...

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
Diamond

If Dell is aware of this audio issue

I don't know if Dell is aware of it or not. Obviously some Dell personnel know, the moderators who oversee this forum and the support people on the phones & chat, but I've been doing this for 12 years and have yet to get any feel for how much of what is discussed here gets filtered down to the engineering level, or how long the process takes. I have observed that audio problems only rarely get fixed.

Jim Coates -- 14 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos