Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2013 00:00

Studio 1535 battery status "plugged in,charging" but not charging

Hi

I have a Studio 1535  laptop for which I bought a new battery a week ago. When I try to charge it, the status shows "plugged i,charging" but still the battery does not gain any charge. It has been stuck at 22%or so for the last 3-4 days.

My BIOS is updated, I have tried re-installing the battery driver, have tried a new battery too. I tried my brother's power cord and it fails to charge even then.

Please let me know what the issue is.It has been really frustrating.

K. Chandrasekaran

3.1K Posts

September 3rd, 2013 00:00

Hi K. Chandrasekaran,

Is this a Dell OEM battery, or a clone (third-party) battery?

Does the system BIOS (press F2 at startup, check under Battery Info) recognize the AC adapter, or is it listed as "unknown/not recognized"?

September 3rd, 2013 01:00

Hi

It is a Dell OEM battery  and the BIOS shows 65W adapter. So I am assuming things are fine on that front.

3.1K Posts

September 3rd, 2013 01:00

Hi K. Chandrasekaran,

Try calibrating the battery. Here are the steps:

• Remove the AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Turn on the laptop. Allow it to run on battery power until the battery is drained to 0 percent of capacity.
  • Remove the battery from the laptop. Keep it aside for 1-2 hours.
  • Place the battery back into the battery bay.
  • Plug the AC adapter. Charge the battery overnight. Do not power on or use the laptop during this time.

September 4th, 2013 00:00

Hi

I tried the above steps but it did not solve the problem at all. In fact, now I am left with just 1% battery life which does not increase at all

September 4th, 2013 02:00

Hi

I checked the same. It shows Primary battery is in perfect health and operating normally. Please suggest what to do now

3.1K Posts

September 4th, 2013 02:00

Hi K. Chandrasekaran,

Check the Battery Health.

• Right click on the battery icon on the taskbar
  • Choose ‘Dell Health Meter’
  • Click on ‘Battery Health’ tab
  • Examine the information shown in the window.

In case you do not see Dell Health Meter, then download and installed Dell Quickset application from our Support Site, type the service tag, choose the operating system, expand Application to download and install Quickset.

3.1K Posts

September 4th, 2013 03:00

Hi K. Chandrasekaran,

Since you are in Europe, you can get in touch with our Europe Support with a copy of the invoice of the battery. Click on the link http://dell.to/ZU2f5L -> choose your location from the top left hand side -> click on 'Contact us' to get the contact information.

3.1K Posts

Hi K. Chandrasekaran,

Did you purchase the battery online from Dell website or a Dell Authorized retailer? Or, was it purchased from a local Store?

Also, I tried logging into Linux to check if the issue was with the OS, but that doesn't seem to solve the problem either.

It was from an authorized Dell retailer

3.1K Posts

Hi K. Chandrasekaran,

Do you still have the old battery? If yes, then connect it with the computer and check if it charges to a certain percentage.

You may also try using a different compatible AC Adapter and check. If none of the options work, then you might want to get the battery replaced and get a new one as might be also be an issue with the battery itself.

If you have a different system of the same system model, then try connecting this battery and check if it is getting charged.

Hi

My old battery has reached the end of its useful life and thus does not charge at all. I tried using another adapter but it did not seem to work. I cannot find a similar system here.

I bought the battery in India and am now in Europe. It is still covered under the 1-year warranty. What is the procedure to return the battery?

No Events found!