Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2010 14:00

Studio 1558 graphics flickering

Hi,

Just got my new laptop. When I attempt to run any games the textures flicker and stretch, and occasionally little black boxes appear.  What do I do? Even at lowest settings this happens!

The video driver is the latest available from support.dell.com. The system is a standard Studio 1558 with 4GB RAM running Windows 7 (64 bit). After googling a bit it seems that the graphics card (ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570) only supports DirectX10.1, but Windows 7 is DX11 by default. Can this be the cause? Has anyone else experienced this?

Please help if you have any ideas, I am absolutely gutted that this isn't working.

Chris

June 7th, 2010 16:00

Hi Chris,

I am facing exactly the same problem of you.

Can you please watch this video and confirm if it's the same from your laptop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNx_2wiFrI0

Did you already solve the issue? I am trying to connect with Dell over email but they never answer...

I've been reading some other posts and forums and I've heard its necessary to replace completely the led panel.

Tell me if you already solved the issue and if possible how.

Thanks,

Pablo

August 19th, 2010 17:00

I am having the same issue. It did it for the first time while I was playing a new game. My laptop is only a couple of days old and everything else is working great.

Robert

1 Message

August 20th, 2010 06:00

Hi. I have a Studio1557 laptop and it is having problems with the display. While playing, I noticed red dots on screen and that driver failing is quite common. On contacting Dell support agent, they told me to install a hotfix for ATI driver issue. I did so, but still the problem  continued. I then did an analysis and found that the computer literally hangs up due to overheating! Then I came across this forum:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-inspiron-dell-studio/432243-dell-studio-1557-i7-overheating-issues.html

I am at loss as to what to do. I am trying to get an answer from Dell support.

Regards,

Sanjay

No Events found!