Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 11th, 2016 03:00

Sudden blank / black screen inspiron 15 7559

Hello! 

I just received my new dell inspiron 15 7000 (7559) i5 non-touchscreen model for 1 day and it already developed an issue which manage to drive me crazy. My laptop screen decided to turn blank randomly while leaving the entire system on. This means that the keyboard light is still on and I can still adjust its brightness but the screen is just blank. The only thing that I can do when it happens is to turn off and on the laptop with power button, and the screen will come back on again. I had no idea what causing this and I already tried to reinstall both the bios and my gpu driver to those listed in dell support website. Has anyone else encounter this problem? Please help because I am so desperate and disappointed right now. P.s. I had to write this question 3 times because the laptop screen just turn blank when I click the post button below >:(

June 13th, 2016 03:00

Hi VCHAD1,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id, so that we can check on the system configuration and guide you accordingly.

(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

3 Posts

June 17th, 2016 00:00

Hello VCHAD1

same issue  in my laptop. Alredy done all drivers updates, and nothing help(laptop one month old)

Did you found any solution? Do I have to return laptop? :(

7 Posts

June 17th, 2016 04:00

Heya

I decided to return the laptop for maintenance. I tried everything and nothing works.

3 Posts

June 17th, 2016 04:00

How often it happens for You? Does it hapen more and more with time?

Can You share with the result of that maintanace?

7 Posts

June 17th, 2016 05:00

Yes it happens more often as I use it more. It rarely happen when I play game though. I'm afraid I cannot help you with that since I am waiting for my refund request to be accepted since it is less than 15 days old. I don't want to take risk and would rather return the laptop because I saw a lot of other problem with this laptop like screen flickering and stuff. Good luck to you.

3 Posts

June 18th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

I have got one more quaestion. On which system you had this problem?  Did you try to install chipset drivers ?

1 Message

June 19th, 2016 00:00

Having the exact same problem with my brand new 7559. Tried contacting technical support, they said to contact the software team and that they will charge me to diagnose the problem. Not happy.

June 19th, 2016 04:00

Please let me know if you encounter any problem with your refund. I just requested a refund for my XPS 15 with the same and additional problems from you and it's only a month old. Best of luck.

7 Posts

June 19th, 2016 05:00

Hey there I thought they only reveive refund when it is less than 15 days? It might be for dell Australia only though I am not sure.

7 Posts

June 19th, 2016 09:00

Wow that actually sounds horrible. Your statement makes me wanting to return it even more now. If it is a software problem then they need to release a fix to this soon considering a number of people having this same serious issue.

1 Message

July 20th, 2016 04:00

Same here, 1 day out of the box and the screen randomly goes black; is there any update to this being sorted?

No Events found!