Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2017 18:00

Video Streaming Color Problem While Charging

I have been experiencing distorted color while trying to watch certain videos online. For example if I want to watch a video on ESPN.com the thumb nail and video advertisements are in color, but the video content from this and other sites plays in black and white or only in very dull colors. Even more confusing is the fact that this only occurs while my laptop is connected to the AC adapter. If the computer is unplugged the color returns to normal then goes back to black and white when the charger is reconnected.

I have tried updating all my drivers but it hasn't had any effect. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 3rd, 2017 09:00

What specific laptop model?
How long have you had the laptop before the issue started?
Is the AC adapter plugged directly into the wall outlet?
Is that the original AC adapter that shipped with the laptop?

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2017 19:00

Inspiron 5755

I've had it for just over 1 year. I have tried plugging it into the wall socket and a surge protector, but there is no difference. The adapter is a Dell 45W AC/DC adapter given to me by Dell 1 year ago, after the original that came with the laptop was broken. At that time the laptop was returned to Dell so they could repair the port where you plug in the charger because it was not identifying the adapter properly. I have not had any problems with the adapter for a year. This new issue started about 3 weeks ago.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 4th, 2017 12:00

Possibly the power port is again damaged since the issue only happens when using it. If still under warranty, have them repair it again.

No Events found!