Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2017 11:00

Vostro 3558 (Windows 7-64 Bit) Unable To Stream Android Audio On Laptop (Please Help!)

Hello,

I want to use my Dell Vostro 3558 laptop as a speaker to stream audio from my Android mobile (Xiaomi Redmi Note 4). On my earlier laptop i was able to connect with my mobile using Bluetooth and i would get the option to use the laptop to output audio from my mobile. But on this new laptop (Vostro 3558) i don't get the option to do that after connecting via Bluetooth. I am using Windows 7, 64 Bit OS.

One important thing i have found is that my mobile shows a yellow exclamation mark in the "Bluetooth Devices" list and there are also some "Bluetooth Peripheral Devices" under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager. Does it mean i need to install some drivers? If yes, which ones?

I have read something about Bluetooth A2DP functions and need it to be enabled on my laptop to stream sound from my android phone. How do i enable it.

Below are the screenshots of the device manager and bluetooth devices list. Please help me as soon as possible ......

Waiting for your replies.

Thanks,

3 Posts

October 9th, 2017 22:00

can anybody help me please !!!

9.4K Posts

October 10th, 2017 07:00

Hi Delguy91,

Thanks for posting.

Here is some information you may find helpful.

3 Posts

October 10th, 2017 09:00

Hello Robert, Thanks for replying. I checked the link you posted but it didn't helped. It tells about DLNA but i want to use Bluetooth for streaming audio. I finally got to install the missing drivers on my system and now no hardwares in the device manager shows any yellow icons. Also, the bluetooth headset and my mobile in the "Bluetooth Devices" section no longer show any exclamation marks.

But the problem is that i don't get any options to connect to any of those devices when i right click on them. All i get are some basic options (please check the images below). Do i still need to install any additional drivers to let my laptop connect with my bluetooth headset and mobile device?

Waiting for support ....

9.4K Posts

October 10th, 2017 11:00

At this point you may wish to contact Dell Tech Support for additional troubleshooting and possible resolution.  

You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896 or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

No Events found!