Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 1st, 2013 21:00

WiFi connection

I am using Dell Inspiron 15R SE7520. I have a problem that always annoying me is my Wifi. My computer always lost connection when somebody using the Wifi. How can I do to improve my WiFi in this computer?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 5th, 2013 14:00

HoAlex,

Try channel 11, first.

If that does not help, then try using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 2nd, 2013 04:00

HoAlex,

Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number, then select your operating system. Under Network, download and install the latest drivers.

Try these tweaks....

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your network adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Go to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

Rick

29 Posts

December 2nd, 2013 05:00

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your suggestion, I already switched my power plan to high performance and updated my wireless adapter to the latest version, but the issue hasn't been overcome. Can I change my wireless adapter?

HoAlex

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 2nd, 2013 07:00

HoAlex,

Do you have any 2.4GHz cordless phones?

Can you run Network Interface and post the results back here.

Rick

29 Posts

December 5th, 2013 06:00

Hi Rick,

This is what you need me to do.

There is 1 interface on the system:

Name                   : Wi-Fi     Description            : Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230     GUID                   : e88cd648-0a7b-437f-a2d7-3a22dded17d8     Physical address       : 84:a6:c8:b4:c5:6c     State                  : connected     SSID                   : tatyi     BSSID                  : c8:d3:a3:dc:fa:72     Network type           : Infrastructure     Radio type             : 802.11n     Authentication         : WPA2-Personal     Cipher                 : CCMP     Connection mode        : Auto Connect     Channel                : 5     Receive rate (Mbps)    : 144     Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 144     Signal                 : 20%     Profile                : tatyi

Hosted network status  : Not available

No Events found!