Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2009 11:00

Windows XP drivers for my Studio 1737 laptop

SIrs:

I recently setup my Studio 1737 to dual boot with Vista and XP. My problem is I cannot find an XP version of the video driver for the ATI Radeon 3650 card. Do they even exist? I've drivers from ATI/AMD but they won't install. The WIndows generic driver is a little lacking.

Any help would be appreciated.

TechFarmer

3.6K Posts

April 23rd, 2009 11:00

First edit your post and remove your service tag before this post is deleted,i will post back.

To get the drivers installed from ATI/AMD,you need to first turn OFF UAC thru control panel.This is very important because it blocks the install proccess.You will then need to install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0(this is default in Vista),but not in XP.Install this  http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool.php  .

Once you have Modded the 8.10 driver
go into the:
ATI/SUPPORT/8-10_vista32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_69564
Folder, and run setup.
Use Express settings.(you can change them later)
Wait to reboot, when it finishes, and do the other things below.

1. Re-enable UAC from
Start>run>MSCONFIG>Tools>enable UAC>Apply

2. Click the startup tab in MSCONFIG>Make sure the CCC box is checked, (so that it works correctly)

3. Re-enable your AV application
(It should become enabled when you reboot)
so this one isn't as important

3 Posts

April 23rd, 2009 13:00

That worked nicely. Thanks.

Next problem:

When I booted in Windows XP I had to get into the BIOS setup and change the SATA drive setting to IDE instead of ACHI to get Win XP to install. Elsewise it bombed as soon as Windows tried to startup. I read somewhere that a SATA driver has to be added to the installation during the install and it takes a floppy drive. I have no floppy drive. Will a USB work. I would be thankful for any help on this one (specifying drivers along with procedure etc). Its kind of a pain to be switching the SATA entry in the BIOS whenever I want to go from Vista to XP.

3.6K Posts

April 23rd, 2009 13:00

Your welcome,you will need to slipstream the SATA drivers onto the XP disk read this,  http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html  .This explains the slipstreaming proccess and it is with a CD disk.But the SATA drivers need to be slipstreamed to the disk for the install.

3 Posts

May 14th, 2009 09:00

I got the slip stream to work after some time spent on it and the ATI driver works. However I'm stumped on where to locate an Audio driver. Also I have occasional blue screens from driver conflicts (I think, although I haven't been able read the blue screen message very closely as it is only present for a moment before the reboot process starts.) Is there any good way to go about trying to isolate the problem(s) here? I find that the more hardware drivers I disable the longer between blue screens. I'm down to about one every 2hrs. but its still annoying. Some of the third party sites have driver detectives and whatnot. Are any of these worth it?

Thanks for the past help and any you can provide on this.

3.6K Posts

May 24th, 2009 23:00

Sorry i have been having some problems with my E1705 again,i think it is fixed,i hope.

Are you still having BSOD's,post back i can walk you thru it.

2 Posts

October 14th, 2009 14:00

Searching for XP drivers for DELL 1737 is an adventure... after browsing and installing all that I could find on the internet I still have :

- 1394 Net adapter partially installed (with a yellow exclamation sign, don't know what that means ... because the internet is working fine)

- one peace of "SM BUS Controller"

- two peaces of "Unknowun device"

Any suggestions will be verry much apreciated.

1 Message

October 18th, 2009 01:00

please can u tell me where did u find xp drivers for 1737? i need too. thanks

2 Posts

October 19th, 2009 03:00

Hello,

here is the link:

http://www.getpcmemory.com/drivers/download-dell-studio-1535-windows-xp-drivers

I spent lot of time downloading and installing but the quality of those drivers is not the best... and it seems lots of the that 1535 drivers there are compatible with 1737.

The microphone driver still doesn't work and the mic line in is not recognised... only the hedpohones.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but it still doesn't work...

Shame on DELL not providing all those drivers for XP :(

Vali

6 Posts

August 24th, 2010 21:00

i did this all things but the bluetooth dont work with me in dell studio 1737.

any hellp will be great

No Events found!