Highlighted
D Watson
Bronze

XPS 13 9350 How to enter ALT+xxx keycodes?

On a full keyboard, you can enter keycodes by pressing ALT and then entering s three digit keycode on the number pad and then releasing ALT. I use them all the time and have never had a laptop that couldn't enter them. I find some very old threads that say to turn on NumLock. Can't figure out how to do that on the XPS 13 9350.

How can I enter ALT keycodes on the XPS 13 9350? This borders on deal-breaker...

1 Reply
D Watson
Bronze

RE: XPS 13 9350 How to enter ALT+xxx keycodes?

Still seeking an answer to this.

I found some relevant options in the BIOS, emphasis added:

POST Behavior | Keypad (Embedded)

This options lets you choose one of two methods to enable the keypad that is embedded in the internal keyboard

Fn Key Only = The keypad is only enabled when you hold down the Fn key.

By Num Lock = The keypad is only enabled when 1) the Numlock LED is on, and 2) no external keyboard is attached

POST Behavior | Keypad (Embedded)

[] Enable Numlock

This option specifies whether the NumLock function should be enable [sic] when the system boots.

I've tried all permutations of these options, and all manner of permutations of Fn, Ctrl, LeftShift combined with ALT+0133, say, and cannot get the thing to work the way PC laptops have always worked since, well, before Dell mattered.

Anybody know a way? What is it?

This is by far the biggest non-Microsoft problem I've had with this laptop. (Windows and Windows apps, like, say, Microsoft Office, still do not work terribly well with high DPI displays.)

0 Kudos