Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2013 16:00

how to get back my product key for windows 8 ?

i bought a new dell laptop inspiron 15 3521 from one week and i made a mistake and i deleted recovery partition and windows and every thing,so i set up a new windows 8 but not original .i want to get back my product key that came with my laptop . please help me

note: there is a sticker for windows 8 only but there is no sticker for the product key

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 26th, 2013 16:00

Windows 8 OEM copies have the product key embedded into a chip on the mainboard - your copy should work as long as you have the same version of 8 that came with the system.  If it is a different version, you'll need to buy a new product key -- or order a Windows 8 recovery disc from Dell.

2.6K Posts

August 27th, 2013 03:00

Hello Hossam309,

In addition to what Ejn63 has said, I would request you to refer to this article on Requesting a Microsoft Windows Reinstallation CD/DVD from Dell

Hope this helps!

4 Posts

August 28th, 2013 02:00

yes, i set up an oem windows from dell but it didn't activate.......do you know a way to know the original operating system that coming with my laptop????

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 28th, 2013 05:00

Use the service tag to look up the original configuration at the Dell support site where the system originated.

4 Posts

August 28th, 2013 11:00

iam really grateful to you for your interest ...i searched on the site but i didn't find any thing this is my service tag      can you help me??

2.6K Posts

September 2nd, 2013 16:00

Hello Hossam309,

I would request you to private message me the system service tag so that I can check for the version of the Operating System shipped with the system. In order to private message me, click my user name and then click Send a Private Message. 

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!