Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2011 18:00

inspiron n4030 activate bluetooth with wireless switch

i have been working on this for a week now. i am trying to install a bluetooth driver with Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module, but at the end of the installation it gives me a messagebox that says "activate bluetooth using wireless switch".

i reinstalled windows 7 ultimate and found that it was working well but when i updated the OS, bluetooth suddenly stopped working. i cannot run bluetooth anymore. i really need help badly. 

3.8K Posts

February 16th, 2011 09:00

Hi Momona1412,
Welcome to the Community. To activate your Bluetooth, you will need to hold down the FN key, and then tap the F2 key once. This should activate the bluetooth and wireless, as there is no wireless switch on your laptop.
Thank you
Royan

2 Posts

February 16th, 2011 10:00

I already done the turning off and on of wireless module in my laptop but to no avail. I uninstalled  the previous driver and installed a different version of bluetooth driver, which is still supported by my laptop, and worked for some time but is soon disabled for no reason( when i say disabled, i mean running bluetooth application but no icon is displayed on the taskbar)  but comes back at a later time :| . In device manager, the bluetooth module is also now gone! Also thanks for your reply and i hope my situation helps others who are of the same circumstance as me.

3.8K Posts

February 16th, 2011 11:00

Hi Momona1412,

Press the F2 key at the Dell logo when you power on the system. This should take you to the Bios Screen. Under the Advanced Tab select wireless, and make sure that the bluetooth is set to enabled.

Thank you

Royan

1 Message

February 11th, 2012 00:00

hi ROYAN,

i dont have any wireless under my Advanced Tab in my "dell n5110" pls help me............

Thank u

Hari

No Events found!