Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

October 21st, 2011 12:00

"Your battery is temporarly disabled. Please turn off your computer and try again when the unit is back to the operational Temperature"

"Your battery is temporarly disabled. Please turn off your computer and try again when the unit is back to the operational Temperature"

This message appeared on my BIOS yesterday when I restarted my Xps 15z ( ordered 3 months ago).

Before that, I already noticed some "AC adapter" non-recognition issues. (links ?)

So, I tried to disconnect the battery, to start  with the AC adapter only, to stop, to connect the battery, to start again....but nothing changed.

I tried to update the Bios from A02 to A06 but it's impossible to update : "the AC adapter and battery must be plugged in before the system Bios can be flashed..."

Please, I need help.

++

M.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

October 21st, 2011 12:00

under warranty = contact Dell

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

October 21st, 2011 17:00

verneuil31

If you still need help shoot me a private message with the service tag, your name, location, shipping and email address and phone number and I will be happy to look into service options.

TB

4 Posts

November 11th, 2011 19:00

Hi, this happens to me also after playing games with my laptop and using only the battery. After waiting like 5 minutes or so. I can charge the battery again with no problem. Why is this going on?? I bought a dell xps 17 L702X version 20 days ago. PLEASE HELP.

2 Posts

September 21st, 2012 05:00

Same problem dell xps 17, 1 year old!!

1 Message

November 11th, 2012 09:00

Bump, can someone from Dell post an answer?

1 Message

December 11th, 2012 20:00

bump, I just got this problem.. and I dont know what to do

June 17th, 2013 16:00

hi...

even i m facing the same problem...

pls help

1 Message

December 3rd, 2014 12:00

i am also having the same issue...at 1 moment allwas fine the next battery was disabed for charging...what is the help..dell inspiron 15    3521 (late 2012)

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2014 13:00

EXTREME_NO1

If you have not already tried them please, follow verneuil31's steps, and try reseating the battery and AC adapter (disconnect and reconnect them) to make sure that they have a good connection.  

Check the BIOS (start the system tapping F2) and look for adapter warnings and make sure that they are enabled.  Restart the computer and see if you get an error regarding the AC adapter.  If so then it is likely the AC adapter is defective.

Check support.dell.com and see if there is a newer version of the BIOS to download.  Make sure that you have the battery and AC adapter connected when updating.  If you get a message telling you to connect the battery and AC adapter and they are already connected, it is likely one or both are defective.

With the age of your notebook, the battery is the most likely to fail, if you aren't getting any other messages about the ac adapter,  and you can't update the BIOS, nor will the battery charge I suggest testing with another battery if possible.  Test with a different AC adapter and see if that helps.

Please let me know what you find out.

TB

No Events found!