Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 19th, 2016 13:00

touchpad on Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559

I have W10 on a new Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559. When I have a mouse or trackball connected, I would like to turn off the touchpad. Otherwise stray fingers from typing move the mouse around.

I went to the control panel and found an option that says "Leave Touchpad On When Mouse is Connected". If I turn that off, then the touch pad is disabled. But I'm using a wireless trackball. When I turn the trackball off, the touchpad doesn't start working. I have to remove the trackball's USB dongle before the touchpad starts working. Ideally, the touchpad would work whenever the trackball isn't working. But it's not that convenient.

On my old Dell laptop, there was a hotkey for enabling the trackpad. That would be ideal. I'd like to enable it quickly depending on whether I'm using the trackball or not. I can't find any hotkey on this laptop. And I can't even find a quick way to get to the control panel setting.

Any way to make this more functional? Possible solutions would be (in order of preference):

1) Have the control panel setting work whenever the trackball is turned off or missing, even if the trackball dongle is still in the USB port.

2) Have a hot-key that could enable and disable the touchpad.

3) Create a shortcut directly to the relevant control panel page.

Thanks for any help,

DaveT

No Responses!
No Events found!