Highlighted
CBMe
Bronze

unknown devices in device manager in xps 13 9350

Jump to solution

Does anyone else have these two Unknown Devices in their XPS 13 device manager? I don't recall removing anything that would cause this and the system can't find any device drivers for it nor does updating the drivers from the dell web site resolve it.
There isn't any current function that we're using that isn't working so I'm not sure what category of thing these are and the hardware ID's aren't of the expected format so they don't reveal anything either.  
Everything is unplugged and wireless is turned off(airplane mode on) so these are not external items.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
theoxarhs
Copper

RE: unknown devices in device manager in xps 13 9350

Jump to solution

Hello CBME/ Did you find a solution? I have the same problem

0 Kudos
CBMe
Bronze

Jump to solution

Nope.  Though I'm sort of glad you noticed the same thing so I know I don't have a unique situation.  I don't imagine most folks ever go to the device manager now days (or even know what it is) to see this.

0 Kudos
theoxarhs
Copper

Jump to solution

I wonder if someone from dell could identify the problem and find a solution?

0 Kudos
sccofer
Bronze

Jump to solution

same thing on the XPS 15 9550 as well....

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

These 2 "Unknown Devices" are part of the Dell Client System Analyzer software

DellProf is the Dell System Analyzer Control Device

DDDriver is the Dell Diags Device Driver

Colin H
Dell | Social Outreach Services

I'm based in the UK and available Monday to Friday 9am-5pm GMT

Andrey_Bro
Copper

Jump to solution

I have same problem in dell inspiron 13 7359. Where i can download this drivers.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
CBMe
Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks for the clarification.  Are you saying they will never be 'known' even if the software is correctly installed? (I'm also assuming they are virtual devices - software, not actual hardware)

0 Kudos
NJ109
Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Colin,

I have the same problem and am wondering how to fix it? I have searched for the software you mentioned above but cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
CBMe
Bronze

Jump to solution

I believe what Colin is saying is that it is expected. They are software 'devices' that are there because the software is installed (though not sure why they couldn't fix it so it wasn't showing this way).  So there is nothing to do and you there is nothing that isn't working incorrectly because of this device manager notification.