Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 10th, 2016 19:00

warranty?

I bought a refurbished Latitude E6320 about two months ago, and the system gave me a warning 2 days ago saying the battery is reaching its life cycle and It need to replace a new battery. After I tried to call and online chat with different dell departments for hours including chat with one very rude custom service person, I was finally told that they get a lot of similar complains, it is normal and I can not expect the battery better than that. Should the furbished laptop not be similar to the new one? introduction of this laptop on shop said the battery should last 4 to 6 hours when I made the purchase, my laptop is less than half of it.

This is not the first time there are issues with my dell laptops. but the warranty is just ridiculous for a laptop bought 2 months ago. This is the first refurbished computer that I ever bought, and I hope this should be the last laptop I would buy from dell.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 10th, 2016 19:00

If the battery is original to the system, it's between 4 and 5 years old - and likely well past its design life.  A "refurbished" system of that model is not the same as a "refurbished" new system - was it purchased direct from Dell, or elsewhere?

October 10th, 2016 20:00

yes, it was bought from dell online directly 2 months ago. When I made the purchase, I remember the info said the battery will last 4 to 6 hours. now it last only 2 or less. it has two 6 cell batteries.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 11th, 2016 04:00

Dell off-lease used systems carry a 100-day warranty (see below) -- but NOT on the battery.

These are probably original batteries and as would be the case if you buy a 4-5 year old used car with the same, replacement isn't unexpected.

dellrefurbished.com/faq

No Events found!