Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 16th, 2012 16:00

white noise when headphones are used for skype or google voice.

90% of the time i use headphones with trying to make a call on my laptop loud white noise prevents me from hearing anything. it does it with speakers or headphones. if i get an incoming call the loud white noise starts up. i have run diagnostics and it didn't detect anything.

46 Posts

July 17th, 2012 14:00

Hi emilr17

Welcome to the Dell community. I would recommend you to update the audio drivers on the system. Visit the following link: http://dell.to/Q2ZlKN and select your system model and it will provide you a list of drivers for your system. Select the operating system and Download the audio driver on your system and follow the onscreen instructions to install it. Restart the system

Please revert for assistance

Sumer

Dell | Social Outreach Professional

46 Posts

July 16th, 2012 17:00

Hi emilr17

Welcome to the Dell community. We understand your concern and will be glad to assist you. I would recommend you to follow these steps:

• Go into the sound options > Recording > select microphone properties > Listen > uncheck the option which says listen to this device. Restart the system

Please revert with observations

Sumer

Dell | Social Outreach Professional

3 Posts

July 16th, 2012 20:00

It isn't checked. Again it is not a consistent problem but it has been the case for a long time. whenever i have speakers plugged in and someone calls me on skype it automatically starts loud white noise so i have it disconnect anything plugged into the headphone jack. it is particularly bad on google voice, all i get is loud white noise.

3 Posts

July 17th, 2012 15:00

This seems to have worked. Thank you.

No Events found!