Ein neues Gespräch starten

Ungelöst

Dieser Beitrag ist älter als 5 Jahre

March 14th, 2016 15:00

Dell Precision 5510 and TB 15 dock - fan noise, usb problems and weird touchscreen feature

hi,

I call a new dell precision 5510 and (two) tb 15 thunderbolt docks my own... so far, so good.

If I connect my new laptop to the docking station the fan starts after a few seconds with cooling and will never stop until i plug out the dock. Is this usual? Could there please be a patch for that? The behaviour is the same with the other dock.

The other problem is, that after turning on the laptop, sometimes the usb devices connected to the dock don't work any more (just a mouse and a keyboard). That's very very very annoying! Sometimes it helps to re-plug them. Sometimes not. I found out, that VirtualBox is blocking the "usb-hub" from unloading (as it says in the windows device manager). If I close all virtual machines and virtualbox, suddenly all connected usb devices appear.

The third thing with this new notebook: Turn of laptop screen and connect to another montor: You can still touch your laptop screen and the mouse cursor will jump and click on the external display. Bug or feature?

Thanks for answers and help!

Alex

10 Nachrichten

March 15th, 2016 03:00

Und noch mal auf deutsch (mich hat das englische UI komplett verwirrt):

Ich habe einen neuen Dell Precision 5510 mit zwei TB 15 (Thunderbolt) Dockingstations.

Wenn ich meinen Laptop andocke, fängt nach wenigen Sekunden an der Lüfter an zu laufen (mittellaut)  und hört auch bis zum Abdocken nicht mehr auf. Auch bei keiner Last. Soll das so sein? Ich finde das extrem störend.

Das zweie Problem: Beim Wechsel von einer Dockingstation zur anderen (beide TB15) oder nur beim Ab- und wieder Andocken funktionieren die an der Dockingstation hängenden USB Geräte (Maus und Tastatur) nicht mehr. Manchmal hilft ein erneutes An- und Abstecken - manchmal nicht. Dann ist im Gerätemanager auch die Meldung zu lesen, dass der Treiber für den TB15 USB-Hub nicht geladen werden konnte, weil sich ein vorheriger Treiber noch im Speicher befindet. Ich habe herausgefunden , dass VirtualBox der Grund dafür ist. Sobald alle virtuellen Maschine ausgeschalten sind und Virtualbox beendet ist, tauchen alle USB-Geräte wieder auf. Das sieht aus wie ein Bug.

Das dritte Problem:

Laptop an Dockingstation. Laptopdisplay aus und externen Monitor an. Berührt man nun den Touchscreen des Laptops werden die Klick und Wischereignisse auf dem externen Monitor ausgeführt. Das heißt, dass der Touchscreen weiterhin an ist, auch wenn das Display ausgeschalten ist. Bug oder Feature?

36 Nachrichten

March 20th, 2016 06:00

Hi Axel,

I can confirm the first 2 Problems. (no touch screen here, had the precision m3800 with touch before and some weird behavior with applications when the windows touch extensions were installed).

USB stabilized a bit after I updated to the newest ASMedia USB drivers (currently 1.16.33.1). The update from Dells installation program did not work, had to install the drivers manually. Check in device manager that your drivers update to the latest version.

The annoying fan problem however makes the laptop unusable in my office setting. Annoys me and my co-workers. Without the thunderbolt docking station I so far found no way to have a high-resolution external monitor connected as the provided HDMI is apparently only 1.4.

Also when connected to the dock I get a BSOD now and then.

Regards

Erwin

10 Nachrichten

March 21st, 2016 10:00

Another shortcut to the thunderbolt fan noise problem: Plug in the Thunderbolt LAN adapter and wait 30 seconds. The fan will turn on and cool and cool and cool ... even without plugged in lan cable!

DELL. This is not acceptable!

Keine Veranstaltungen gefunden!