Ein neues Gespräch starten

Ungelöst

Dieser Beitrag ist älter als 5 Jahre

B

September 8th, 2015 03:00

USB device reconnects randomly almost every second

Hello,

i have the problem that if i connect e.g. my xperia smartphone, it reconnects almost every second - a steady connection is not possible. the phone itself is ok, on every other PC the connection is working fine. i can also exclude the cable as the issue; i have tried several ones, without any improvement.

i have also tried all ports, everywhere the same problem.

my BIOS is up to date and i also updated all drivers. - no improvement.

i have a XPS 15 - 9530 Service-Tag-Nummer: [Edit: Service Tag removed by Admin].

Can anybody help me?

thanks in advance,

Bernhard

9 Nachrichten

September 8th, 2015 04:00

Hello Florian,

thanks for the info!

All other devices i have tried so far (like USB harddrives, sticks, mouse, printer...etc..) are working properly.

latest chipset driver and usb drivers have been installed. are there some newer ones, than that ones on the support page? (dated with 17 Okt 2013)

yes, the problem applies to all system USB ports.

best regards,

bernhard

4 Operator

• 

4.8K Nachrichten

September 8th, 2015 04:00

Hello Bernhard,

please do not post your Service Tag in public. It is a sensitive information which should only be known by you and Dell.

What about other USB Devices on your XPS? Are they working properly with the system?

Have you tried to install the latest chipset and USB 3.0 drivers manually?

Does this problem apply to all the systems USB ports?

With kind regards,

Florian

1 Anhang

4 Operator

• 

4.8K Nachrichten

September 8th, 2015 05:00

Hello Bernhard,

you can try to find a newer chipset revision on the Intel webpage:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

As all other USB devices are working properly, there can only be some kind of incompatibility between the XPS and your smartphone.

With kind regards,

Florian

9 Nachrichten

September 8th, 2015 05:00

Hello Florian,

i just tried some other sony smartphones (xperia z, xperia z1 compact,...) and they all have the same problems. - at every other computer they work.

the drivers are all up2date. 

i have changed all energy saving options in the usb-hub settings to disabled and it changed the behavior from "every second" to "every some seconds". (when i google around, it seems that some other people have the same problem, but there is no general way how to solve it...)

it seems for me that it has something to do with the voltages and the recognition of connected devices. that's maybe a point to start digging...

an incompatibility of some very well spread smartphones and the XPS is a fact i can not really accept...

best regards,

bernhard

4 Operator

• 

4.8K Nachrichten

September 8th, 2015 06:00

Hello bernhard,

i have found a possible solution in our English community forum:

http://dell.to/1Nnn85X

Its a specific USB cable which worked properly on the XPS 15 (9530) for most of the users. Only 1 user still claims to have problems with the new cable.

Using different USB cables is also recommended here:

http://bit.ly/1i9V35A

With kind regards,

Florian

9 Nachrichten

September 10th, 2015 07:00

Hello Florian,

i really appreciate your effort!

the fact i can't really accept is that an around 2k eur notbook is not able to deal with a common brand smartphone, which every 15 year old computer can.

it's good to know about this hint, but unfortunately it doesn't solve the actual problem, which is a value in the driver/firmware of the USB controller (or of something else in the notebook).

i'm pretty sure that dell is capable in solving this problem at the root. - i am happy to assist as good as possible!

best regards,

bernhard

9 Nachrichten

September 10th, 2015 09:00

Hello Florian,

i have already done this some time ago.
the problem still remains.

best regards,

bernhard

4 Operator

• 

4.8K Nachrichten

September 10th, 2015 09:00

Hello Bernhard,

can you please disable the "USB selective suspend setting" in the advanced energy saving options?

With kind regards,

Florian

4 Operator

• 

4.8K Nachrichten

September 15th, 2015 07:00

Hello bernhard,

I've done some research and were able to duplicate the reported problem.

We had some Micro USB to USB cables which worked and some did not. After that we ordered a Dell genuine cable and tested it successfully with the following devices:

• Dell Venue Pro
  • Sony Xperia Z1
  • Samsung Galaxy S5
  • Nokia Lumia 635

I would like to send one of these Micro USB to USB cables to you to check if this solves the problem with your smartphone on the XPS 15 (9530).

Can you please provide the following information via direct message?:

• Service tag
  • Last name
  • Phone number
  • E-Mail address
  • delivery address (incl. company name, if company address)

With kind regards,

Florian

9 Nachrichten

September 17th, 2015 09:00

Hello Florian,

i have recieved the cable today, thank you.

i have tested now the following smartphones with the old and new cable:

- Sony Xperia Z

- Sony Xperia Z1 compact

- Sony Xperia Z3

All are not working with the old, original Sony cable (and some other cables)

but ARE working with you new cable.

So i guess the issue is connected with the electrical resistance of the cables and some limit values of the USB-controller which effect an abortion of the connection.

As it seems that i'm not alone with this problem, it would be highly appreciated if this issue can be fixed with a new firmware or driver.

if i can assist with any logs or other information, i'd be happy to provide you with these information.

thanks in advance,

best regards,

bernhard

4 Operator

• 

4.8K Nachrichten

September 18th, 2015 03:00

Hello bernhard,

thank you for your feedback.

I do understand your wish to have your Sony Smartphones working properly with all kinds of Micro USB to USB cables.

Unfortunately there are no changes planned to the USB-controllers hardware or software. I kindly ask you to stick with the recently provided Micro USB to USB cable as it solved the problem with your devices.

Best regards,

Florian

9 Nachrichten

March 9th, 2016 03:00

Dear Florian,

The issues start again, also with the cable you have sent me.

It seems, that a lot of people have the same problem with different devices, see also:

forum.notebookreview.com/.../page-8

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/xps-9530-usb-connects-disconnects.760728/page-8

It would be definately a good step to think about an actual solution for this problem - maybe also at a higher instance; - not only trying to get rid of negative effects...

Buying Dell was a decision because of good reputation in many fields.... - i hope that a solution can be provided....

thanks in advance,

Bernhard

4 Operator

• 

4.8K Nachrichten

March 9th, 2016 08:00

Dear Bernhard,

in the linked thread, one of the customers has mentioned that a new motherboard has resolved the problem for him.

Therefore I offer you a replacement of the motherboard too. Do you agree with this procedure?

On what business day should the replacement find place? Are you still available on the previously provided address?

With kind regards,

Florian

9 Nachrichten

March 10th, 2016 05:00

Dear Florian,

if this is a way of solving the problem, i definately agree with this procedure.

I will send you the other information as a PM.

thanks for the good service,

Bernhard

4 Operator

• 

4.8K Nachrichten

March 18th, 2016 03:00

Hallo Bernhard,

entschuldige bitte die späte Rückmeldung.

Da wir nun auch alle logischen Hardware-Komponenten ausgetauscht haben, welche dieses Verhalten verursachen könnten, müssen wir von einem normalen Verhalten ausgehen.

Wir können das Verhalten zwar mit mäßig isolierten USB Kabeln nachstellen, allerdings funktionieren Kabel mit einer guten Isolierung immer reibungslos. Bitte achte weiterhin darauf, das von uns zugesandte USB Kabel zur Verbindung zu Geräten mit einem Micro USB Anschluss zu verwenden.

Ich bitte um dein Verständnis.

Viele Grüße,

Florian

Keine Veranstaltungen gefunden!