addentro
1 Copper

Vostro 3550 notebook power supply no langer recognized after windows 10 update

Dear community,

yesterday an automatic update of Windows 10 changed the configuration of my Vostro 3550 power supply. The (original) batterycahrger is no longer recognized in BIOS and under Windows hardware manager the universal Windows driver for the battery show up.

I cannot charge the battery any longer. I din't find according drivers on the Dell support pages, I have automatically searched for the drivers: no result.
Tried to flash BIOS with the latest version from Dell, but this is not possible without a charged battery.

I have also tried to reset the Windows update over recovery, but nothing worked.

The result: I can only work on the notebook with AC/DC adapter connected, not on battery.

BTW: This concernes an update of an existing Windows 10 installation. Before yesterday everything worked fine under Win 10

Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks in advance

2 ANTWORTEN 2
Highlighted
Reddeer2000
1 Nickel

RE: Vostro 3550 notebook power supply no langer recognized after windows 10 update

How did you do the recovery ?

addentro
1 Copper

RE: Vostro 3550 notebook power supply no langer recognized after windows 10 update

By setting back Windows to the point before the update.

Seems to have worked for now. After restart, I got another error message from the BIOS. Then I once completely shut down Windows (pressing Shift key on closing). At first the notebook didn't indicate charging of the battery, but after a while the little indicator at the front was lit.

After completely charging the battery and restarting Windows, the error message didn't appear anymore and in Windows the charging indicator now reported full charge. However in the device manager the battery driver is still the universal one from Microsoft.

Dell software on battery life runs normally however, so I sdume, for now the issue is solved.

I will report back if not.