Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

NT

February 26th, 2018 22:00

2000 - 0411 RTC not recognized

I have a Dell Notebook Latitude E4200 and I am getting code 2000 - 0411 RTC not recognized and it won't boot up. I have an identical laptop and I swapped hard drives and got the same message. What can I do to remedy the issue. The Real Time Clock is fine. 

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

February 27th, 2018 02:00

When you say it won't boot, what exactly happens? Can you swap the coin-cell battery with the one from your other system to see if it needs replaced? 

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_latitude_laptop/latitude-e4200_service%20manual_en-us.pdf (page 14)

February 27th, 2018 16:00

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

February 27th, 2018 16:00

I sincerely apologize for the duplicate JPEGS.  The message said there was a problem and they didn't send and to try again later.  I tried to delete the duplicate set of pics but it wouldn't let me. 

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

February 28th, 2018 01:00

No worries, I've removed the duplicate post.

Looks like the BIOS settings have been lost and the CMOS battery (Dell part number P571D) needs replaced. The Blue Screen error you are seeing is usually related to the SATA operation. To correct this, in the BIOS, go to System Configuration > SATA Operation, and select AHCI.

Let us know how you get on.

March 1st, 2018 14:00

Thank you sir. I replaced the RTC Cmos Battery as you instructed. It was an inexpensive item. I followed your advice and went into BIOS, go to System Configuration > SATA Operation, and select AHCI. It still failed to load and did the same thing. On that screen I noticed the option to "Load Defaults", if I would choose that option would it delete the files I am trying to recover? Also, I have updated the BIOS to A22 as I stated earlier. This Dell E4200 has the thin 128GB uSATA MLC SSD P/N # MMCQE28GTMUP. Can you recomment Internal hard drive to External USB adapter? I bought one off of eBay and of course it didn't fit this uSATA type hard drive. I would like to try to use an adapter and see if I can get it to fire up by load it onto the other E4200. Would this be worth the effort? Do you maybe another suggestion?

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

March 2nd, 2018 06:00

Thanks for the update. Can you confirm the CMOS error in the diagnostics has now gone?

Can you try the SSD from the non-booting system in the working one and see if it loads Windows? If it does, return it to the original system and enter the BIOS and do a step by step comparison of all the settings, changing them where they differ from the working system (take note of any changes made) then try again.

If it doesn't load Windows, are you getting the same errors as before?

I'm afraid I don't know of any adapters for this drive type.

March 5th, 2018 11:00

What would happen if I chose the "Load Default" option?> 

March 5th, 2018 11:00

DELL LOAD DEFAULT.jpg

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

March 6th, 2018 03:00

It just means that all the BIOS settings would be returned to the settings that were originally on the system when it shipped from the factory. All/any of these changes are reversible. Just make a note of current settings so you can return the system to it's current state if required.

March 6th, 2018 20:00

I now have the hard drive in a USB case and I can access it but I cannot open any of the WordPad DOC File (.doc). This whole thing has really thrown a major wrench in my world. I can see all the program files etc.  There has got to be a way to fix this. It is just waaay too much for me. 

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

March 7th, 2018 10:00

It's hard top tell based on the description, but the likely cause is no access under Windows permissions.

If the files are owned by a user not recognized by the current system, you must take ownership of the files - then you can copy (or read) them.  How this is done depends on the version of Windows (XP and older required it be done in safe mode;  newer versions allow it without booting in safe mode).  

For more specifics, post the OS on which the drive was running, AND the OS on which it's currently attached externally.  For general details, see here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff404240.aspx

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

March 8th, 2018 05:00

It's also possible that it might just be a file association issue.

Right click on one of the .DOC files and select Open With... then choose Wordpad. Are you able to open the files if you copy them over to the host system?

March 9th, 2018 07:00

Somehow it figured itself out. I left the now external hard drive connected to the USB port and it figured out how to open the documents all by itself. Now here's the real bizarre issue.  I fell asleep with the external hard drive in the USB and the laptop shut itself off. This morning I turned it on and it began doing all the things I listed originally IN THE WINDOWS 7 LAPTOP! I removed it from the UBS and it started normally. 

1 Message

November 16th, 2020 13:00

Hi Guys, 

Lately but latest now I have also the same issue, RTC not detected, exactly the same as the screen shots provide above by Nostra-Thomas, Please Help with the remedy.

Regards

Naren

No Events found!