Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

281 Posts

January 12th, 2022 10:00

5510 motherboard replaced-- now no perepherials work cept monitor

had a 5510 that we had the motherboard replaced due to bad usb-c port  (peripherals worked, but monitors did not)

after motherboard replace, now monitors work------ and peripherals (mouse/keyboard) do NOT work.   t

They dont even power up from the dock--no mouse light--no keyboard lights

any ideas?

281 Posts

January 13th, 2022 03:00

anyone?  bueler?

281 Posts

January 13th, 2022 04:00

to clarify-- the motherboard was replaced due to monitors not working when plugged into a wd19tb dock

AFTER the motherboard was replaced-- the monitors now work, but none of the peripherals (mouse/keyboard) work.   they dont even light up.  (kb and mouse are plugged into dock.)

January 13th, 2022 06:00

It is indeed possible that there are a series of drivers which need to be installed/updated for the computer to work properly.  That's all I can think of. . . 

Steve

281 Posts

January 14th, 2022 04:00

all updates have been run-- same--  Monitors work but peripherals thru dock do NOT

confirmed again on another dock

local keyboard and touchpad work fine

Dell?

281 Posts

January 14th, 2022 05:00

i ran all the updates--dell update program--no new updatesd found

ran the thunderbolt driver update-installed fine and rebooted

ran the thunderbolt chipset update-- FAILS!!!  says i need to install the TB driver first (i have--twice)

Dell?

281 Posts

January 18th, 2022 07:00

just reimaged the laptop as last resort---SAME.   does not work.

common dell....

87 Posts

January 22nd, 2022 13:00

I'm a little confused.

The touchpad & button work OK - Right?

>> USB remote mouse & keyboard to the laptop - Status?

USB remote mouse & keyboard to the docking station doesn't work - Right?

281 Posts

January 24th, 2022 03:00

keyboard and touchpad fine on the laptop

when you plug into WD19tb dock (any dock)  the EXTERNAL keyboard and mouse do not work--but external monitors do.  (opposite of the problem i had before MB was replaced.

guess it dosnet matter  now-- i sent the into dell-- they can figure it out

281 Posts

January 25th, 2022 07:00

now another one of our laptops had MB replaced for bad usb-c port---AND AFTER IT WAS REPLACED, GETTING THE SAME THING!!!!

(--mb replaced. now no peripherals)

• 

25.1K Posts

January 28th, 2022 08:00

Hi,

I hope you are doing good.

I am awaiting your response to help you better. Drop us a message here once you are available to continue further. 

• 

25.1K Posts

February 3rd, 2022 03:00

Hi,
I hope you are doing fine.
You are receiving this message as we haven't heard from you in the past few hours.
Do write to us when you’re available so that we can continue working toward a resolution. 

1 Message

October 4th, 2022 01:00

Hello, I have the identical issue on my latitude 5300, do you ever get this resolved ?

Thanks

281 Posts

October 4th, 2022 03:00

it had to go back to the depot (again) for repair....yay dell...

if i recall, they replaced the motherboard again

also, be sure to check your BIOS and thunderbolt settings.  I have changed to allow during boot (or something)

281 Posts

March 22nd, 2023 08:00

just to update

we have sent TONS of these in for repair of the USB-C port.  (Prob into the hundreds now)

the usb-c ports on these are garbage.  Bad part is- its part of the motherboard.   so it all gets repalced

luckily, support has been fixing them.  buts its a lot of work to keep sending em in for repair. (or having techs out)

No Events found!